• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Missing Sync missing from market??

Kazrell

Apr 14, 2010
White Plains
I downloaded the missing sync from the market on Friday morning. I had to reset my handset because of the default settings of facebook doubled my contacts. Since setting the option of not to sync them doesn't take them away, I had to do a hard reset to get them out.

I've downloaded most of my apps again, except Missing Sync. I can find it via the computer, but when I try to find it and download via either appbrain or directly from the market either I can't find it or it will not allow me to install the app with the following error -

there are no matches in Android Market for the search: pname:com markspace.missingsync

anyone know what's going on?

Thanks

I downloaded the missing sync from the market on Friday morning. I had to reset my handset because of the default settings of facebook doubled my contacts. Since setting the option of not to sync them doesn't take them away, I had to do a hard reset to get them out.

I've downloaded most of my apps again, except Missing Sync. I can find it via the computer, but when I try to find it and download via either appbrain or directly from the market either I can't find it or it will not allow me to install the app with the following error -

there are no matches in Android Market for the search: pname:com markspace.missingsync

Thanks

We updated to version 1.4.1 on Saturday, and for some reason the EVO market won't show it, even though it appears on other devices we use for testing.

We're trying to figure out/correct that right now.

In the meantime, or should you ever run into this again, you can also download the APK file direct from our web site at http://www.markspace.com/apk/ms.apk

Upvote 0

Thanks

Around the time you posted this, there were alot of problems with the marketplace.

It eventually resolved, but if you are in this spot again for any reason (or any app), you should know that one nice thing about Android is that it allows you to download an app via a URL, rather than forciing you to use the market. We have a web page on how to do this for missing sync (with links to the applications we have -- Missing Sync, Fliq Notes, Fliq Calendar) at our web site for this very case.

Of course our preference is for the market to always work trouble free, but history shows this seems to come up once every few months.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones