• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Missing Sync vs Sync Mate - which is better?

AJotr

Lurker
Sep 4, 2013
MAIN QUESTION:
Does anyone have side-by-side comparisons / experience of the two programs - MISSING SYNC vs SYNC MATE - and which one appears to do a significantly better performance (read: Less Headaches / Good Solid Reliable Synchronizations / Least Data Errors)?

SyncMate wants $40 for the full version
Missing Sync is offering a deal for $25.

Using:
Samsung Galaxy S4
Mac Book Pro running 10.7.5

Loving the S4, love my Mac.

In the past I have used Missing Sync for Palm - horribly slow tech support, but after all was said and done I got *most* (but not all) of the bugs worked out. In early versions when I had a Palm Treo it would do really weird things like switch all my emails to be labeled as mobile phones, etc. Plenty of headaches back then. Even the latest version would make me sync one area at a time (e.g. sync contacts by itself, then sync calendars by itself, etc).

Brand new to Android, but need as seamless (as possible) a sync with the Mac.
Just discovered the free version of SyncMate - so far it works well for the Contacts & Calendar, but I have no further experience with it.

Now ready to upgrade to a more powerful program to sync photos, video, files, music, etc.

Google Fanatics - I am not going to use Google Calendars so please don't bother suggesting. I have a Mac for a very good reason and I need the data on the Mac to be preserved in Mac format, so I have no choice but to use one of the two programs in question.

Thank you for all replies in advance. :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones