• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Missing 'Top Paid' button in market - FRF91

C

CodeMonkey

I have an unrooted N1 which I manually updated from ERE27 to FRF85 and then to FRF91. Running with an O2 contract SIM in the UK.

Since updating I can no longer see the 'Top Paid' button in the Market.
I've tried clearing market cache and data, and a full reset - no change.
I have been able to redownload my paid apps and can see and purchase paid apps.
Also noted that I have noticed that the Market Updater app has 0kb Storage and all buttons are greyed out - is this normal or related?

I have read fairly extensively on this, but am somewhat confused as to whether this is a market server side issue to do with whitelisting Froyo, or whether it is a handset / account issue.

Can anyone enlighten me - it's very frustrating..

Same here, and unfortunately it's an account-based issue. If you factory reset your phone a sign into a different google account, the problem is gone. Sign back into your primary account, and the problem returns.

This is a very real problem that needs publicity to kick the market team into action. (Phandroid admins we could use your help!) Here are a few threads on the Google support forums:

After 2.2 Update, missing "Top Paid" button from market - Android Market Help

After 2.2 Update, missing "Top Paid" button from market - Android Help

Spread the word!

Upvote 0
Same here, and unfortunately it's an account-based issue. If you factory reset your phone a sign into a different google account, the problem is gone. Sign back into your primary account, and the problem returns.

This is a very real problem that needs publicity to kick the market team into action. (Phandroid admins we could use your help!) Here are a few threads on the Google support forums:

After 2.2 Update, missing "Top Paid" button from market - Android Market Help

After 2.2 Update, missing "Top Paid" button from market - Android Help

Spread the word!

I've got a support call open with Google technical support, 2 threads in Android market and am monitoring a further 20+ threads...

Upvote 0
Oh man, that sucks. Did you end up using a specific e-mail address, or one of the contact forms on the nexus support page?

I used the main contact form for tech support, and had an email within 24 hours with a Call ID that I could reply directly to.

I've heard nothing since Monday night, when I sent them a full rundown on what I tried to fix the problem (wipes, hard resets, etc) and a list of links to 20 or so threads across the Google forums, xda, etc.

I'm planning to chase it at the end of the week if I've heard nothing back. I really don't want to have to mount a campaign but I will if I have to. I've too much money invested in my Gmail account after having Android phones since the G1 was released to give up easily.

I've finished receiving over GBP400 back from my ISP after successfully proving to them that my broadband service was problematic because of an issue with their central hubs, and I've just had a full apology from my mobile provider for network issues. In both cases I took things up directly with the CEO of the company involved..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones