• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root MIUI Battery Life?

icrazy2u

Aug 1, 2010
So I heard that the MIUI Rom has the best battery life? What do you guys think, if not, let me know, cause I'm going to Chicago and don't wanna have battery while I'm playing games in the car on the way there. Right now I have a Redemptive Rom with the new 2.6.32.17-BFS-BFQ-GPU kernel from HTC. Just put it on there so don't really know about battery life with it. But everyone says the benchmark is pretty high. Just let me know. -Thanks

I'm very happy with the battery life . I get between 14-24hrs with the stock battery and 16-30hrs with a HTC 1500 battery

I have SetCPU set to 998mhz max and 384mhz min with scaling set to performance and I have a screen off profile of 384max and 384min .
I also keep my brightness at 100% , wifi always on, data always on , sync always on and GPS off unless in use

BEfore MiUi I was using CM6 and it got about the same maybe slightly worse then MiUi but I always used Virtious 3.0 with Battery Saving Kernal and that was the best battery life I got 30+hrs on the 1500mah was the norm

Upvote 0
I agree. I have 2 roms on my system, Redemptive 2.3.1 and Miui. It's been said that RR gets the best battery live but I get equal or better with Miui. I don't use setcpu but that's a personal preference and not something I think will affect battery life all that much. I also keep screen at or near max and everything on. I can get through an entire day too. One thing I can't figure out yet is how to switch calls (swap back and forth) with Dialer one. Anyone?

Upvote 0
I agree. I have 2 roms on my system, Redemptive 2.3.1 and Miui. It's been said that RR gets the best battery live but I get equal or better with Miui. I don't use setcpu but that's a personal preference and not something I think will affect battery life all that much. I also keep screen at or near max and everything on. I can get through an entire day too. One thing I can't figure out yet is how to switch calls (swap back and forth) with Dialer one. Anyone?

I had this same problem so I quit using Dialer One. I like everythin gabout the MiUi Dialer except that I can't dial Jim and get Jim . I have to scroll through the names

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones