MIUI Browser on Ally

Last Updated:

1. connwa

connwa Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. flyinjoe13

flyinjoe13 Well-Known Member

Gotta say, it is a pretty nice browser once you get used to it. Only problem is, I have trouble watching online videos with it. For instance, videos on ESPN's web site won't play. Tells me something about not having permission to view the video. No sense using it if videos don't work.

3. connwa

connwa Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

hmm... have you been through the settings? i dont know. i just found it but ill look into it.

4. GRZLA

GRZLA Well-Known Member

I saw the browser was posted on droid-life yesterday and took it for a test drive. I ran into a lot of stability issues and got rid of it. It wouldn't even let me look at bookmarks.

Edit: Just downloaded and tested it out again, couldn't access downloads, settings or favorites.

5. flyinjoe13

flyinjoe13 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I looked through the settings and didn't see anything related to videos. It's too bad too because it was lightning quick loading web pages compared to the stock and other browsers i've tried. But the video problem is a killer.

6. dvanlinton

dvanlinton Well-Known Member

On the main page if you click favorites then on the bottom right hand corner click menu. it should say new bookmark that's where you add your bookmarks at..

7. dvanlinton

Oh yes the important part if your trying to add a url you have to take of the www. instead of something like Yahoo! just put in yahoo.com and it will add it for you..

8. GRZLA

GRZLA Well-Known Member

Upon clicking favorites the program restarts itself. Same with the rest I listed.

9. dvanlinton

Wow i dont have that problem you tried redownloading it or tried adding the bookmarks on the main page bye clicking on the empty pages up top..

10. maddog986

maddog986 Active Member

Seems to take a long time for it to load for me when its opened up. Same for anyone else?

11. dvanlinton

at first yea.. but every time i open it up now.. its a flash.. idk maybe its just different for everyone.. all i know is im running raptor .1 with turbo and my cpu is set to 729 MHz max.. and its running smooth for me..

12. motorsport226

motorsport226 Well-Known Member

It's ok, stock browser is still the best, especially with Trident packing Google DNS into it. Also, this browser doesn't seem to be fully translated, I ran into some Chinese characters on several occasions.

13. GRZLA

GRZLA Well-Known Member

KuroTsubasa and connwa like this.
  14. maddog986

maddog986 Active Member

Dolphin has a new version out. Found a mention of it on their website when using Dolphin HD. Completely new UI and i like it much better. And its pretty dam fast to me.

MIUI is just to slow for the ally IMO.

motorsport226 likes this.
  15. motorsport226

motorsport226 Well-Known Member

Thanks for this, I hadn't used dolphin since the update and I gotta say its now faster than the stock browser.