1. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
    YankeeDudeL and 1eyebrother like this.
  2. Trofn8er

Trofn8er Active Member

3. breadnatty08

Cyanogen boot animation? WTF? Letting it sync now; let's see what happens.

4. nathan312

nathan312 Well-Known Member

Lemme know if it's worth switching from UD8 for a bit...

5. yohankenobi

yohankenobi Well-Known Member

Wanted to like it, but the dialer kept force closing.

6. breadnatty08

Didn't restore any of my apps so it's a no go for me. Ah well; the interface looked pretty cool though. Hopefully there'll be some future development on it.

7. tward09

tward09 Member

On DroidForums, there's a fix for the dialer. It's essentially the smoked theme dialer, but it replaces the dysfunctional one and works fine. So far I'm liking the rom. It's fast and has some pretty cool UI tweaks (bounce back in scrolling and battery icons/line across the top that makes it easier to visualize). The lockscreen would be awesome if it wasn't so laggy but I use widget locker anyway so that's not a big deal for me. It's a nice change and I'll keep it until UD 9 comes out. Just my .02

8. mobrienjr

mobrienjr Well-Known Member

I watched the video earlier today, and overall it did not look that bad. Just some points were horrible. The no app drawer is bad....how many people would overfill those 5 screens?

9. yellowfrizbee

yellowfrizbee Well-Known Member

Thats what those little app folder things were for.

I for one freaking love it! Not just because its such a fun little rom, but mostly because of how out of the box it was. Very different. This is DEFINITELY going to give the big boy developers some ideas to work with.

10. tmcewan259

tmcewan259 Well-Known Member

Funny to read all the blog entries about logging onto Gmail and sending your info straight to China. Hilarious.

11. 1eyebrother

1eyebrother Well-Known Member

Actually this rom has way more than 5 screens...I had 18 going, not sure if there was more than 18 available but I think that would be plenty...I couldnt get swype or nlf mobile from the market so I went back to UD...

12. Caveman419

Caveman419 Well-Known Member

Yes, way more than five screens. Have not had them up to as many as you though (18). I have Swype installed and working fine. I restored it with Titanium from BB0.5 that i came from before flashing this ROM.

So far I am absolutely digging the speed and fluidity of this ROM. The only thing that I cane not get to install is the new Google Search and Voice Search. Everything else running great.

Also noticed that in the Settings > Wireless & networks > Tethering & portable hotspot there is the capability for portable hotspot (yes it was in the title). Have not had time to test it to see if it sends you to the Verizon site or not. Anybody?

13. Benny879

Benny879 Well-Known Member

14. Tugdaturtle

Tugdaturtle Well-Known Member

I will test this out and let you guys know

15. emdmao

emdmao Well-Known Member

Still testing. I can tell you right off the bat that the lockscreen is the best thing ever. Other devs need to 'borrow' this code. :p

16. publicanimal

publicanimal Well-Known Member

FYI I posted a very thorough install guide along with a flashable .zip that gathers all the known fixes for this ROM together. In order to use the stock dialer you MUST install this over another ROM without flashing data/cache. The preferred ROM to flash over is Chevy's SS4.8.

The guide I wrote has become the "official" install guide by the dev who ported this to the Droid, and the .zip I linked has become an "official" update. I spent ALL DAY figuring it all out so if you want to try this ROM with minimal issues, follow my guide and use my file.