• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

jimeller

Android Enthusiast
Aug 6, 2009
East Riding
Is anyone using this ROM?? How does it perform compared to others??? Have they translated it fully yet??

It looks fantastic, (although I'm slightly reluctant to flash as it looks a little bit too much like iOS) but from what I can tell by reading the threads on XDA, it has its problems..

I was wondering if anyone was using this as an everyday ROM.

I flashed Miui had a play with it, but have flashed back to OpenDesire for now to see what improvements the devs make to it.

I must admit I did like it. But there are some things that I dont like:

PROS
Gorgeous UI
New menus
New settings
Cool Notification Bar extras
Whole new experience to previous ROMs

CONS
No apparent app drawer resulting in ALL apps on show, and in random order.
Widget adding is slightly cumbersome
Some native apps are completely in chinese
Cant get swype to work
Don't like the app bin being at the top of the screen.

On the whole, I thought it was excellent. A different experience altogether to anything Ive used previously. The biggest gripe for me though was the lack of app drawer and the fact all apps are on-screen in random order.

I will follow this app though, and watch out for future updates, as I think I might switch...

Upvote 0
I didn't like the lack of app drawer, but i've put everything in folders, so it's not so bad. It's hard to move the widgets from one screen to another though.

I don't like the lack of Facebook interaction. I guess this requires some Sense, but I can't even get FB into my calender, let alone link to contacts etc. This would be nice.

There's still a bit of Chinese about, i've noticed in the contacts.

Looks wise though, it's stunning. I'll stick with it for a couple of weeks, see how I get on.

Upvote 0
Some do but the apps forum is not device specific where as the root sub forum here is. by rights all root topics including troubleshooting should be in there

It's up to the guides to enforce this. It's just easier for people with root experience to help others and answer questions for people such as yourself ;)

Had I not resigned as a guide, I would move this for you.

It just helps prevent interesting root topics like this getting lost amongst the rubbish. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones