Mix and match apps from different Phones?

Last Updated:

1. VIO

VIO Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

1st Post. Excellent forums guys, it's exciting to see such a vivid community.

I am new to the Root scene, and am having a good time so far. I recently switched to the DROID from my Eris, and thought it a good opportunity to learn about rooting and ADB, using my Eris an experiment. Successful on that front I'm working on rooting my 2.1 DROID tonight.

First question: I checked around and couldn't find much/anyone on this but it may be because I don't know how to ask the right question.

Can I ADB pull HTC apps off my Eris and Push them to my DROID? For example, I enjoy the functionality of the HTC People app over the stock contacts on the DROID. Can I mix and match?

Feasible? Legal?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

Wont work. HTC apps are all heavily tied to the HTC framework. There is a senseui port but its a little less than functional at the present time.

3. VIO

VIO Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Figured as much; seems a lot easier to remove rather then to add the Sense stuff, I guess it is one advantage to my Eris, O well good thing there isn't much to Sense I miss.

Appreciated.