• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Mixing Roms and Kernels ?

MCPO117

Mar 26, 2010
Ohio
Ok if you flash a rom that has a kernel preloaded and you want to use a different kernel what should you wipe (if anything) before you install the new kernel? Do you wipe cache or maybe the dalvik cache or do you just leave it along and flash the new kernel?

So anybody running the the BMAF remix and the 1.92 leanKernel? I have that on there and keep getting random reboots. I can get it to reboot doing anything specific it just happens completely randomly. I just went in and wiped cache and dalvik cache so we will see if that does anything. Anybody got any suggestions?

Upvote 0
So anybody running the the BMAF remix and the 1.92 leanKernel? I have that on there and keep getting random reboots. I can get it to reboot doing anything specific it just happens completely randomly. I just went in and wiped cache and dalvik cache so we will see if that does anything. Anybody got any suggestions?

I tried this combo myself and kept getting force closes on any app I opened. I did get one random reboot, so I switched kernels, went to Bamf 4.3b and no problems since. Try a different kernel, should solve your problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones