Support Mixzing: Can't update or uninstall

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Psychokitty, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Psychokitty

Psychokitty Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2009
    In the forum dog house.
    I tried to update mixzing and it failed a few times. I didn't think much about it until I decided to spring for the paid version. I bought it, but it wouldn't upload either. So I went to uninstall mixzing in hopes that a fresh re-install would fix the problem, but it's not listed in my apps list under the manager.
    I have my apps backed up, so I tried uninstalling mixzing that way, but it fails.
    The app itself works fine.
    Any ideas?

Advertisement

2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian
    VIP Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Male
    Graduate Research Assitant | That part time IT guy
    3rd Rock
    If you're running an alternate ROM then it might be installed as a system app.

Try seeing if you can find it by changing the filters under App management to *all* and see if ti shows up - if not, then you may have to remove it using something like root explorer.

3. Psychokitty

Psychokitty Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2009
    In the forum dog house.
    Hi John, Thanks.
    When I filter the apps list under manager, MixZing Lite does show up, but it doesn't have the option to uninstall.
    This is with UD 9.8, which has worked flawlessly for me. I know he had put "3" into the ROM, but I don't know if MixZing was also built in. (Both were apps I had loaded before installing the ROM.)
    I'd like to excise the app & reinstall it. Switching ROMs is not really an option yet, as nothing I know of feature wise compares to UD 9.8. I do have Root Explorer.