MixZing Lite app vs. lock screen

Last Updated:

1. ticho

ticho Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello, is there anyone else using MixZing Lite on Hero? I'd like to know if the new lockscreen widget feature works for you as intended.

I'm asking because mine doesn't show the widget on the lockscreen, but only after I unlock the phone, overlaying the home screen.

Advertisement
  2. Jaffa

Jaffa Well-Known Member

Which size widget is meant to work on the lock screen I use the large widget and that does not work1

3. ticho

It should be a new widget, different from the ones you can put on your homescreen. You enable it in mixzing settings (via menu key).

4. Jaffa

Jaffa Well-Known Member

Its not a lite function, the option is there but only works on the full version i believe

5. Jaffa

Jaffa Well-Known Member

Actually, I dont use pattern lock, but when I am at the standard pull down lock screen, and I drag down to see my home screen, If i select this option I get a mixzing widget, with an option to exit to lock screen, which then takes me to my home screen.. Randomly

6. ticho

I know, but after the upgrade, first time I tried entering MixZing's settings, it asked me if I wanted to enable the trial for the lockscreen widget.
    I guess this trial means "here, this is how the widget would look on your lockscreen".
    I guess I'll just wait for the 2.1 upgrade, so that I can ditch MixZing completely. I only use it because the default player has the song ordering bug.

7. JimR123

JimR123 Well-Known Member

I upgraded to the new paid version, as I think they deserve my cash.

I tried the unlock screen thing (not sure if it's called a "widget" or not, as there is a seperate widget).

The unlock thing didn't work for me. The usual HTC unlock screen came up, and then once in, it showed the Mixzing one.

ticho likes this.
  8. ticho

Thanks for the info. Looks like that feature doesn't work as expected on Hero at all. I hope (not for me, but for you) that they'll fix it soon.

9. thither

thither New Member

Just to chime in, I get the same behavior on my Sprint Hero. I wish there was an mp3 player that did integrate with the lock screen, I can't get the default Sense UI one to play back any podcast mp3s without stuttering and skipping.

Also, just as a note I reported this to mixzing here: mixzing.freeforums.org • View topic - Lock screen doesn't work on Sprint Hero - maybe they can fix it (I kind of doubt it, though, none of the Sense UI stuff seems to have any public API documentation).

10. pjeffe

pjeffe New Member

Hi, I'm one of the devs of MixZing. Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. The Hero has been a regular source of frustration for us, so I can't say I'm surprised about this but I am sorry. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of it quickly and get a fix out, thanks for your patience.

-- Peter

11. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

works fine on the Desire running latest sense if that helps pjeffe

12. pjeffe

pjeffe New Member

Thanks, that is good to know.

-- Peter

13. big_raji

big_raji New Member

I'm using a Sony Xperia X10a on Rogers. Just downloaded the Lite version of MixZing. Everything works fine with the lock screen widget, except that it blocks the callerid of an incoming call. It only seems to prevent the callerid from showing up if the phone was asleep, and if no music was playing.

I've since taken the option out of the settings, and set it to only display the lockscreen widget if music is playing. Everything else seems to work fine.

14. adam_hilluk

adam_hilluk Well-Known Member

i d/l this app but i didnt see the benefits of it over the stock HTC one. However it was a cool app and maybe i just didnt see the best of it?

I was just going to say the lock screen widget worked fine for me on Hero :D

15. ticho

Well, I'm using it mainly because default HTC music player gets track sorting all wrong (it seems to sort alphabetically by filename, ignoring any tags).

The only other viable option for me is Mortplayer, but that one doesn't keep track of where I paused the playback once it is paged out of memory, and also gets the track sorting wrong in certain cases.

All other available players are either too buggy, or are focusing on the "social" crap (scrobbling, online song rating, online recommendation and similar useless features).

16. peterc10

peterc10 Well-Known Member

Well I have the paid for app and the lock screen sort of works for me but ........ it effectively replaces the HTC lockscreen widget. I don't use the complicated pattern lock, just the standard one. So, since the developers appear to be reading this, here is my problem.

If I have the lockscreen on and tick "only when playing" then it works fine when the music is playing. Trouble is when it is not playing I have no lockscreen at all - a press of the power button just switches the phone on - too dangerous when it's in the pocket. If I don't tick the "only when playing" then everytime I switch on the phone it goes straight to the Mixzing player, which is a pain when I don't want it.

So what I want is when I have the music playing the Mixzing lockscreen comes up when I switch on. When I am not playing music I want the standard HTC lock screen to come up instead

Is that possible?