MJ7: News on unlocking bootloader?

1. maplewood

maplewood Well-Known Member

Has anyone found a way to unlock the bootloader on i545/MJ7?

As I read about CM11 etc. for the i545 most of the posts indicate that you need a real recovery. Do I understand correctly that those of us on the MJ7 are just gonna have to wait for Santa to pull a rabbit out of his sleigh?

Is it correct that without a means of rom backup and an unlocked bootloader flashing roms is just asking for trouble? (Unbricking is exciting the first few times but it gets old pretty quick).

Advertisement
    :
  2. SwoRNLeaDejZ

SwoRNLeaDejZ Well-Known Member Contributor

I'm not even an S4 user yet (will be very shortly) but I can tell you that not having a true flashed recovery doesn't necessarily mean ixnay on the roms. My LG Motion 4G had plenty of roms and kernels and everything else flashed to it with a locked bootloader thanks to the Loki kernel patch and a 2nd-init recovery. Hang in there, this phone is plenty popular enough for someone to figure it out, especially if my $150 metro subsidized phone was figured out ;)
  3. jake99x3

jake99x3 Member

There is no boot loader unlock but there is a bounty for the first person to fund an exploit, if an unlock is found you will here about it as it would be big news.