1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

MK808b hard reset? Please help!

1. Vedtam

Vedtam Member

I jut bought a MK808b. Everything went ok, I made some minor modifications like turning the screen etc. The final step was to customize the startup animation. I have preapared the gif-s as usual together with the desc.txt.

Than I have restarted the MK808b, the animation didn't came up, the operating sistem started but the upper half of my screen is now blank! :( everything works but I can't see the top of the screen.

I made a factory reset, but nothing changed, only wiped out the apps I have installed but things made to root are the same.

How to reset everything back to normal??

Please help,
    Thanx!

Advertisement
  2. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer Moderator

Seems you'll need to find the stock rom and flash that. I'm not 100% sure because I don't have one of these.

I'm going to move this over to Google TV forum so you can get better help from the folks in that forum. :)
  3. Vedtam

Vedtam Member

Thanks for your response. I made another factory reset and now the screen looks ok.

Anyway, to prevent another meltdown I would like re flash the device, could someone point me to a better, newer software?

In this moment it has:

Android: 4.2.2
    Kernel: 3.0.36+
    rjh_V_401j2 #28

Build Number:
    mk_808b_v403j2
    2013-05-13

Regards,
    ved