• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help .MKV playback issues?

Just got this a few days ago and It's been great so far but I've tried to put some video files on it to watch on the train etc. but I'm having issues with stuttering video when playing .MKV files.

I'm using MoBo player to play them as it's supposed to handle subtitles well (Couple of Anime episodes in there).

Anyone know of a way to fix this? Or can maybe reccomend a better app to use?

Don't know whether it matters but I'm trying to watch directly from the SD card (PNY Professional, 16GB, SDHC, Class 10, 20MBs).

What I want to know is why is there not an android video player out there that supports chapter breaks? The same handbraked video file that I can play on my work IPAD skips chapters like a champ. Yet my none of my 3 android devices can do the same with the same file. They can play it, no problem, but that 1 little nice to have convience seems to have eluded app makers? I use Rock Player on my phone, it won't do it, I have MK player for my Sony (which I bought in lie of an ipad) and while it will do decent seek scrub, it won't or can't skip to the next chapter with a simple press of the button. Anyone know of a video player app that supports this? Or why from a programming perspective there is not one?

Thanks
Pat

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones