MLB AT BAT Android on sale in March

Last Updated:

1. hitdog042

hitdog042 Well-Known Member

MLB AT BAT will make it's debut in the market place in March. I got an email back from MLB just a few minutes ago. Below is the response.

Hi, we will begin selling At Bat 2010 for Android in early March. Please check out www.mlb.com/mobile for the latest info.

Regards,

Adam Ritter
    MLB Advanced Media

Advertisement
  2. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

thats cool, but the blackouts suck. i seen this happening once the nba came
  3. hitdog042

Blackouts are league rules. I had this with my iPhone last year, and I never got blacked out. Not even on Saturday FOX games, where I SHOULD have been blacked out.

I'm sure they will not allow that this time tho, haha. Regardless, audio is never blacked out.

I sub to MLB EI on DTV, so this is just an enhancement for me when I'm not at home.
  4. jwbeeler

jwbeeler Well-Known Member

What about MLB.tv for android? Any news on it?
  5. hitdog042

Doesn't look like it. Looks like that will still be limited to the iPhone and iPod touch's.

Android looks to be getting the app that will do audio and graphical updates.

MLB.com Mobile | MLB.com: Mobile
  6. jwbeeler

Yeah, I looked there. I'm very disappointed...although, once flash is available, maybe it will be available through the "full" app. Maybe that's just wishful thinking.
  7. BiGMERF

you can get slingbox and watch from your browser... i dont believe there is a slinbox app for droid. hmm i should check. i clicked the link and there really no info on the droid version yet
  8. jbarrett020

jbarrett020 Well-Known Member

this thing looks sick. Sometimes i miss the first few innings when im on my way home from work and i dont live where i can hear it on AM. this will be perfect.

AND during those weekday day games, i can listen to the game at work

i cant wait for this, hopefully no more then 9.99
  9. Solidis

Solidis Well-Known Member

will we be able to see live video .. or just audio..
  10. jwbeeler

It appears to be live audio. Video will be condensed games and highlights. I hope this changes to be able to view live video as well. :)
  11. Esquire1

Esquire1 Well-Known Member

This appears to be a downgrade from 2009. I had live video on my iPhone.

According to MLB.com Mobile | MLB.com: Mobile , it appears there may be live video on the iPhone but not for Android, assuming video is what 'access for MLB.TV subscribers' means. Why would they take a step back? It can't be difficult at all to implement for Android.
  12. jbarrett020

jbarrett020 Well-Known Member

iphone will still have live video. for this season, live audio only on android OS
    i would imagine if enough people buy this app for audio, they will invest in an app that does live vid for 2011
  13. Esquire1

Esquire1 Well-Known Member

They put in video halfway through 2009 for the iPhone. Maybe they'll do the same for Android.
  14. jwbeeler

No video, no money from me. :)
  15. mikejaret

mikejaret Well-Known Member

major dissapointment on the lack of video on android.....i dont think its a phone limitation, but an exclusive with apple....
  16. TheButcher

TheButcher Active Member

I usually subscribe to the gameday audio through MLB.com and I think it's amazing. you have the option of listening to any teams home radio station, and no blackout on the audio.
  17. mikejaret

mikejaret Well-Known Member

see but I have XM in the car....MLB.tv at home + the DirecTV package....i want to WATCH the games when im at dinner....not listen to an ear bud!
  18. TheButcher

TheButcher Active Member

I can appreciate the desire for a visual aid, however streaming the audio through my home stereo makes for some nice dinner music.
  19. Twinsfan 1991

Twinsfan 1991 New Member

The MLB.TV app will be released for the andriod in march and will only support streaming audio--something about the android o/s not able to support the streaming video--so only apple will get to watch live video
  20. ToxicToastKatz

ToxicToastKatz Well-Known Member

Has anyone heard what versions of the OS will be supported? I'm currently on 1.5 w/ the Sprint Hero, and while waiting for 2.1 to drop is kind of a drag, I can easily cope with it. However, if MLBAB'10 is only available for 1.6+, I'm going to be pretty disappointed.
  21. Twinsfan 1991

Twinsfan 1991 New Member

I found the E-mail I got from MLB.tv:

We will release At Bat 2010 for Android devices, unfortunately the version we are releasing will not include access to MLB.TV since the Android operating system does not support streaming live video. At Bat 2010 for Android will include live Gameday Audio.:mad:

Adam
  22. BiGMERF

Ah man common. This is bs. I'm so mad right now.

Why is nba league pass in the market with live games then. Wtf mlb
  23. ToxicToastKatz

Has anyone received confirmation on which versions of the OS this will be available for? I'm currently running 1.5 on Sprint Hero, and while waiting for 2.1 is bad enough, I can survive, as long as MLB At Bat is available on 1.5.
  24. BiGMERF

Did you see what twin fan posted
  25. ToxicToastKatz

All his post references is the streaming video capabilities, not which version of Android will be compatible, unless I missed something.