MMS (AKA Picture Mail on SPRINT) Received Time Stamp 4 Hours in the Past SMS Time Stamps Correctly!Support

Last Updated:

1. fcastro

fcastro Member This Topic's Starter

I am getting MMS (Pictures) from another Sprint user (both of us are on the east coast) who has a Touch Pro 2 running Windows 6.5 and every time I get an MMS message from him its back stamped 4 hours. So if he sends it at 8pm it gets time stamped at 4pm on my phone. When he sends me an SMS (text message) its is CORRECTLY time stamped at 8pm. This causes my threaded messaging to put his MMS all the way up in the thread. This is UNACCEPTABLE and either SPRINT or HTC should figure out what is going on with time stamps and there phone and software.

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

OK, then why dont you contact them and ask for help, instead of complaining to a bunch of computer geeks on the internet?

3. fcastro

fcastro Member This Topic's Starter

Dude, this is the EVO 4G - Support and Troubleshooting section, so if you don't have anything of any value to the problem. Keep your internet geek comments to yourself. Sure I was voicing out my frustration with Froyo 2.2 but most of the post was about a problem.

Now keep it moving...

4. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Actually I did add something, i told you to call sprint. There is nothing we can do about it to help you, its a network issue and needs to be handled by sprint.

Obviously this isnt a big issue, as nobody else has come on here and said the same thing was happening to them.

5. ebolaboy

ebolaboy New Member

Evo 4g here. Same problem but periodically messages sent are date/time stamped about 5 hours ahead. It is just annoying to me. I'm guessing it is Sprint. It always seems to be Sprint. It's the network that is everywhere I'm not. I guess no one has heard of this one either so I'll be looking at moving all my business to Verizon and get a Thunderbolt.

6. ebolaboy

ebolaboy New Member

Actually I would say that it is pretty regular. I delete the thread, and new messages will come in normally and then 5 hour time stamp so you have to search for what you said and what was said. I suspect it may be HTC. I know, geeks don't care. Ask only questions for which we have answers. The only thing we hate more than not knowing is someone pointing out that we don't have the answers.

7. LYTE

LYTE Member

^^
    it's pretty regular but it shouldnt be regular

it just happened to me.
    some1 was texting me & my response were popping up in the middle of the convo oppose to at the end.

there's a lot of things that this HTC could fix. simple things that even my old Sanyo 8000series had