• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root MMS and Handcent w/ Froyo

its because you removed messages.apk and conversations.apk. if you put them back you will have MMS again.

Nope. Afraid you are incorrect on that. I started with both installed and MMS didn't work, I then removed conversations.apk to fix the timestamp bug, I then added it back to see if it would fix MMS... It didn't. Note that I did not remove messaging.apk.

Are you saying that you are able to send a picture through Handcent on Froyo? You have confirmed this? Or are you just speculating...

Upvote 0
Nope. Afraid you are incorrect on that. I started with both installed and MMS didn't work, I then removed conversations.apk to fix the timestamp bug, I then added it back to see if it would fix MMS... It didn't. Note that I did not remove messaging.apk.

Are you saying that you are able to send a picture through Handcent on Froyo? You have confirmed this? Or are you just speculating...

ive sent pics and ive also received them.

Upvote 0
Handcent would not send picture messages for me after the update. so I uninstalled and re-installed... still not working so I just went back to using the default messaging app which is working fine.
When Handcent has 2.2 support i will go back to it.

Funny thing - Handcent did have 2.2 support on the original Droid, rooted with Froyo. Worked perfectly there...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones