MMS attachments won't download??

Last Updated:

1. Tamasabian

Tamasabian Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am using Handcent and even with the stock messaging device when I receive an attachment or picture in an MMS I click the "download" button in the message and then it says "downloading" but the picture never shows up. Anyone else having this issue?

Advertisement
  2. Rick620

Rick620 Member

which rom are you running ?

3. Rick620

Rick620 Member

oh just read your profile. evil Eris I'm assuming. I'm running that as well. do you have Ivan's rom?

4. Tamasabian

Tamasabian Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

No I don't have Ivan's rom.

I had this issue before I rooted too, so I don't think it is the rom.

5. MJL

MJL Well-Known Member

Your rom probably is the problem. I know aloysius and I think evil eris has an mms bug. Search apn restore to fix the bug.

If you had the problem on 1.5 it might be because you had wifi turned on and it needs to be turned off.

Sent from my Aloysius Eris with tapatalk.

6. Rossco_Pee

Rossco_Pee Well-Known Member

Hmm.....Learn something new everyday. Never realized this.

7. andrizoid

andrizoid Well-Known Member

look under the EE thread i posted, there is a zip file for you to extract 2 .db files from. then go to the link i posted to xda and it will tell you where to put those files, and how to put them there. that will fix it

8. heywood

heywood Active Member

I tried all that, tried every possible fix offered in the evil eris thread, it just doesn't work for me.

Cant send photos, no trackball lighting under any circumstances, no lighting on the soft keys. With all my apps on the SD and 140+ mem free at all times it's surprising laggy.

I just don't know what to do now, if theres another rom with apps2sd of if i flash the official will i lose root

9. MJL

MJL Well-Known Member

You will still have lag even if your apps are on your sd card. app2sd isnt going to free up more ram to speed up your phone, just give you more internal storage space. Are you overclocked on EE? Did you set your profiles? Thats been known to cause lag if they arent set.

Theres no reason to flash an official rom, we have rooted versions of those where you wont lose root, they just dont have app2sd, but neither does any official ota or leak.