MMS Conversion/charges?

Last Updated:

1. nathan312

nathan312 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Mar 1, 2010
    Hey, this doesn't relate to me personally but my aunt just got a Droid a few weeks ago I guess and asked me a question that I didn't know; surprisingly lol. She said something along the lines of: When she tries to send a picture it says "Converting message to MMS" (I told her that was normal lol) "Charges may apply."...THIS part, the "Charges may apply" part, is the part I am stuck on. I've never seen this on mine. We have the same plan I think, unlimited texting and calling and such...she is sending the picture to a Verizon phone...I mean I told her it is probably just a "btw, it COULD charge you" sorta thing and that it more than likely won't.

Any ideas?

2. KidFlash

KidFlash Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    I get that message too. I think it's just a warning for those who don't have a plan. Even though some users who do have one may also see it, it doesn't really pertain to them, me being one of them.
  3. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

Mar 2, 2010
    That is a "One size fits all" warning for those who do not have a pics/flix plan. For those plans, there are extra charges similar to if you use more texts than your plan allows. I personally don't know of any plan on the Verizon network that doesn't have pics/flix included with texting. But then again, I'm not an expert on the plans that Verizon offers.

I send massive amounts (500+) of MMS messages and have never had an additional charge. I also have an unlimited texting plan.

I would suggest to her that she contact Verizon and ask them what her texting plan allows (as far as pics/flix are concerned).