MMS Failure (send & receive) Samsung Galaxy SSupport

Last Updated:

1. drophammer

drophammer Member This Topic's Starter

I've had the Galaxy S for about 3 weeks now and it's a lovely phone, very very slick. However, I'm unable to send and receive picture messages! I've installed settings from both my service provider and the Samsung technical support team and still nothing. I was hoping that members of the Android community might have the power and the knowledge to help? I have about 6 days in the hope finding a solution before I consider returning (within 28 days) the phone to O2

Here's what I have:
    Home -> Menu -> Settings -> Wireless and Networks > Mobile networks > Access point names:
    Once arrived at this point I see the following already 3 APN's listed however only 2 have circular option buttons, one is illuminated green the other grey, they read as follows:
    O2 WAP PRE PAY (Grey button not illuminated)
    O2-GPRS-HTTP (Green button, illuminated)!
    O2 Pay Monthly MMS (No option button availble at it's side)

Within O2-GPRS_HTTP (Green button option) is the following:
    Name: O2-GPRS-HTTP
    APN: wap.o2.co.uk
    Proxy: not set
    Port: 8080
    User name: o2wap
    Password: password
    Server: not set
    MMSC: http://mmsc.mms.o2.uk:8002
    MMS proxy: 193.113.200.195
    MMS port: 8080
    MCC:234
    MNC:10
    Authentication type: PAP (illuminated) choices of, None, Pap, Chap, Pap or Chap
    APN type: internet

The settings you provided I've entered and created a new APN but cannot choose it (green illuminate button) as the other APN's only appear to have that option.
    Question: Should I somehow delete one of the two listed APN's? might this then create a option putton?

kind regards
    A

Advertisement
  2. Sibben

Sibben Member

I have the same problem. MMS sending fails.