• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help MMS group message and picture message issues

The_Bunk

Lurker
Jul 15, 2016
I recently purchased a brand new LG G-Flex 2 for myself since my old phone was shot. I have AT&T and I've used android devices for many years now.

I have been having a number of issues with the texting apps on this phone and it is getting to the point where I am about to switch to an iPhone simply because android cannot figure out texting in the year 2016...

I use GOSMSPRO usually because the stock messaging app is slow and never works properly (it hasn't worked properly for me on 2 separate phones, 3 if you include this current device) But GoSMSPro has it's own set of issues.

Basically if someone sends me a picture message, there is a 50% chance it will load up properly. Usually I will get a download prompt because it didnt' download the first time, and if this happens I know I'm never going to see this picture. It doesn't matter how many times you attempt to download, it just won't do it. I have to ask the person to send message again and hope it downloads.

This same issue also happens with group messages. Instead of receiving a group message, about half the time I will get a direct message from said person and it will be another download prompt. In reality my friends are having a group conversation and I am not a part of it because I'm getting fake picture messages that wont download instead of actual group messages.....

I have literally tried everything. There are plenty of other posts like this with no resolution so I don't know if anyone ever actually gets this problem solved. obviously provider cannot do anything because of third party app, and as far as messaging app goes, they just make up some other excuse to get the responsibility out of their hands.

Why is this such an issue in 2016... My phone can basically wipe my ass for me, but I can't send a picture to 3 people at the same time because, reasons... This also is not a device issue, as it has happened with every android device I use.

Is there a fix for this or do I just deal with it until I buy an iPhone... I don't want an iPhone BTW......

Thanks.

Do Any other people in the "Group" have an iphone?

That's the biggest issue and culprit in group messaging.

Next, check your APN settings for AT&T. Double check them.

Yes there are multiple iPhones. Is there any way to avoid this or rectify it? Seems sill I can't get a picture from someone cuz they have a different phone.... Also seems like laziness on Androids end.

Upvote 0
Also seems like laziness on Androids end.
Nope. It's 100% Apple.
Tell your iPhone'rs to make sure they have their settings to allow MMS outside of iMessage. They need to have MMS messaging AND group messaging turned on. That should solve most of the issue. They may have to delete any texts you are in and start over. It's a real problem and it's really Apple's iMessage. Tell them 'green is good' (regular SMS/MMS) and 'blue is bad' (iMessage only).

Reactions: tube517
Upvote 0
Oh and. Ditch Go and try almost anything else. Chomp (and Textra) or Hangouts seem to work well. No matter what you are using though check the settings, MMS again, to be sure you have it set to group messages.

Thank you for the advice, I will try this out and advise you of my results. I also appreciate the prompt responses from everyone!!!

Reactions: Clementine_3
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones