MMS - Image resize does not work in default messaging applicationSupport

Last Updated:

1. drarmi

drarmi New Member This Topic's Starter

Jan 29, 2010
    It took a day or so to notice that the default messageing application was not working quite as it should when it came to MMS.

It seems that the threshold that determines when the message or rather the image of the message must be scaled down is either very high 1M, or does not exist. I have my camera set to 5M, and the highest quality. This should result in the images must be scaled down when they are size of just under 1M. The images are not scaled down and that results in that messages are becoming too large and can not be sent out without time out.

The maximum size limit for a message in most mobile networks seem to be 300KB.

Can you put the value somewhere for when scaling should be done on the images in the default message application? Or otherwise make this work?

I have in desperation installed another application called HandCent and it is my personal taste a bit uglier but still very customiseringbar. With this application it now works to send MMS because it scales down images. You can actually put into the application max size of an MMS. The very sad thing is that the images scale down very aggressively. A picture that is 900k peeling down to somewhere between 15-30K. Ideally would have been if the scaled images so that they were somewhere between 150-300K depending on the image.

Please tell me someone has a solution on getting MMS to work on this phone! I think this is something that certainly should work cleanly, out of the box just as it would with ANY other phones.

2. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2010
    It's not that resize doesn't work, the default app just doesn't do it unfortunately.