MMS issue with the Evo

Last Updated:

1. Outrigger

Outrigger Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

If this has been posted somewhere, please direct me to it.

I don't even remember if I have ever sent or received any mms before, but when I tried to send a couple of pics to my wife this morning, she said she didn't receive them, and when I asked her to send me one back, it just has a button to download, but when I pressed the button, nothing happens. spoke to sprint tech and he tried to send me one, same thing, and when I sent him one, he just doesn't get anything at all. he said last resort is to reset the phone to factory default. I read up online that many customers are suffering from this issue, mostly android users. I'm not willing to reset my phone and lose all my settings just to see if it works and from what I have read, it doesn't.

My previous phone was a Tour on sprint and mms always worked like a charm, so the only I changed was the phone. anyone experienced this or is it just me with the evo? please chime in with your mms experience.

Advertisement
  2. meatgel

meatgel New Member

Same with mine. I have reset mine a lot --- I mess with my phone toooooo much! Anyway, now my mms is intermittent. So, it really isn't THE solution.

I also don't know how to help you, 'cause I can't fix mine. I don't want to bother with Sprint because I was having a screen issue and took it to a repair center and the girl there told me my screen won't work if there are too many fingerprints on it. Really.

Crazy. Sorry I can't be more help. :(

3. bruler1230

bruler1230 Member

I have been having a problem sending MMS also. When I try to send a picture through text message, it dosent work. I hit send and it will just sit there like its doing something (loading thing is going around) but the message never gets sent. I dont know what is wrong with it.

4. bobTX10

bobTX10 Well-Known Member

you guys using the handcent sms app or the regular messages app?

5. Outrigger

Outrigger Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am using handcent but have done this on handcent and stock, both with the same results. I don't believe its the sms app, and I don't see how its a network issue since last week, my tour was working just fine. maybe its an android issue. who knows.

6. derrickmd18

derrickmd18 Active Member

i had this problem with my moment last night. I couldn't get pics so i uninstalled handcent and i started getting them. before that it was doing it and after being on the phone with sprint upgrading my profile and resetting my phone 3 times he said it was a "network issue" in my area. which is BS he just didn't know how to fix it or what was going on.

7. BIGGDADDYINC

BIGGDADDYINC New Member

I was having the same problems with mms thus far I went to system updates and did them all, also I was using handcent i deleted it and now mms works.
    Now I'll try to reinstall handcent and see if it works.

8. BIGGDADDYINC

BIGGDADDYINC New Member

Ok from what I can tell if you keep handcent you will not be able to send mms you can recieve though figures so update settings and delete handcent, maybe they'll fix this lil issue.:mad:

9. strongsteve

strongsteve Active Member

Make sure you are not on WiFi You can only send MMS over the mobile network

10. sweteg

sweteg Well-Known Member

That works. I tried it on wifi and Handcent wouldn't send, but the stock SMS program would send fine (delete the running one on Handcent that has the ongoing circling loading icon). Once you turn off wifi, you should be able to send on both. I tested it and it works also that way.