• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help MMS issues, AT&T

cydia.ghost

Jun 12, 2011
Anyone else having a hard time sending mms over att, I keep getting a "server response error". I have been able to send one picture and after that nothing. Very disappointing to spend so much on a phone and leave iphone 4 to have issues like this. Any thoughts as to why this might be happening and or ideas on how to fix it

yes you have to send it twice... not resend same failed attempt
i think it is a problem with the compression... the first time u try and send a pic it doesnt fully compress it properly then tries to send a file that is too big and so u get error red ! ... and if u keep trying to resend that same pic it will keep failing

however if you try again to send it from scratch it will compress it properly and u can send it... always takes 2 or 3 tries for me, just don't keep hitting the red ! to resend

Upvote 0
Thanks for the advise...that is a hit or miss solution. some times it works other times no. What did work is to get handcent sms. for some reason, I am sending pics with 100% success rate! This has me thinking that there is a problem with the message app compression as stated above. Sucks that the default app isnt fully functional, but the handcent sms app seems to be just a replacement for the stock app but has many more features. still uses my phone number, not like other "data message" apps that you have to use some random number.

Upvote 0
Anyone else having a hard time sending mms over att, I keep getting a "server response error". I have been able to send one picture and after that nothing. Very disappointing to spend so much on a phone and leave iphone 4 to have issues like this. Any thoughts as to why this might be happening and or ideas on how to fix it

I did, there is bug in messaging application. If you go in gallery and try to share over mms it's not going to work it will fail, if you start message and than add picture it will work fine. I tried couple times and there must be bug in messaging app, as someone mention it has to do something with compression.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones