MMS issues... HELP!

Last Updated:

1. Outta_My_Chair

Outta_My_Chair New Member This Topic's Starter

I've had my Hero for about a month now, and ever since, I've had to reset it twice; once because I couldn't receive a call, and the second time because it was stuck on a notification sound and wouldn't change, no matter what.

The problem now is that I cannot send a picture message. I constantly get an error message saying that the 'message format is corrupted'. I've tried to take this issue to my carrier's tech support team only to discover I'm having yet another issue: a few of my contacts get deleted if I try to use HTC Sync to back my contacts list up so that I can preform a master reset.

If anyone has an answer to either problem, please let me know. Thank you.

Advertisement
  2. DHAndroid

DHAndroid Well-Known Member

For sync I tried the HTC program to sync with Outlook, that was a mistake. Some have it working good but not me, have not lost any contacts with Outlook but it separates them and just messes stuff up. I hate Outlook so not interested in trying to fix it. What works for me is letting the phone sync with Google Mail for contacts & calendar. The email address I use for sync is the one I use for my bank accounts, home VPN and do not give out to anyone as a personal email. Info is fairly safe there. I use a 3rd party app for Google Chat which uses an email address I give out.

I have not used MMS yet. An option you might want to try is Handcent. Turn off the stock Message App in the settings so notifications do not goto both programs.