MMS messages in duplicate, why?Support

1. pdqgp

pdqgp Well-Known Member

I switched from an iPhone to my Note 3 and all has been great. I disassociated my number with iMessage and my texts are coming and going just fine with one exception.

Whenever an iPhone user sends me a photo, that MMS shows up twice in a row? Not sure why?

What needs to be done to insure it's only coming through once?

Advertisement
  2. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

Thread moved from Android Lounge to forum dedicated to phone.

... Thom
    dustwun77 likes this.
  3. amarie82

amarie82 Guides Guide

Is it just the photos does it happen with just certain ppl? Normally duplicate messages can mean the phone is not recognizing it was received the first time or it could be sending duplicates on there end.
  4. pdqgp

pdqgp Well-Known Member

Just with messages with Photos regardless of the sender. At first I thought it was the user but then it's happened with 4 different iPhone users.

I'm going to test out some things later with my wife's iPhone. Still baffles me.
  5. amarie82

amarie82 Guides Guide

That definitely is a weird one keep us posted on what you found out after testing.
    dustwun77 likes this.
  6. dynomot

dynomot Well-Known Member

I agree, this is weird.

pdqgp, you say the MMS repeated from four different iphones ? And you dissasociated your number from iMessage ? Are MMS coming through from other non Apple devices correctly, ie just the once ? If so I suspect iMessasge is at fault if not I'm stumped.
  7. pdqgp

pdqgp Well-Known Member