MMS messaging- unable to send or receive

Last Updated: 2010-05-27 02:13:57
  1. mhot55

mhot55 New Member

I am unable to send or receive/download MMS messages on my droid with neither Handcent nor factory installed messaging program. When i try to send/ download MMS, it just hangs (little icon keeps going in circles like it's working but never finishes, nor are the messages sent). It's not reception. It's not impatience ( it's been hanging for days sometimes). Someone please help.

Advertisement
  2. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

Do you have a custom ROM and/or did you accidentally delete mms file that's native? That is a script in some ROMs.
    I made that mistake once but fixed it:

We are on Eclair and I am not sure where I found the last one I personally used but this should work (read it, don't just go by me) - and NANDROID

Modified Mms.apk - Change MMS User Agent [UPDATED 28th Feb][Eclair Included] - xda-developers
  3. BlueIce5249

BlueIce5249 Well-Known Member

I have the same problem! No custom ROMS or anything. Ive had the problem since I got the phone the day after launch. Just never cared enough to take it back and wait an hour at Verizon while it gets fixed.
  4. mhot55

mhot55 New Member

i've not changed the phone (rom/ rooted, etc) just for the past 3 weeks, suddenly no MMS.
  5. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

Why are you waiting?
    Load the correct mms.apk and it should work.