MMS not downloading/force closing

Last Updated:

1. nolacrazygrl

nolacrazygrl Member This Topic's Starter

I've tried searching for a thread to help me with this and can't seem to find one.

My mms will not download to my phone. The messages come through but will not finish downloading or open.

I have uninstalled handcent which I thought may have been a problem and it corrected it for 1 mms then I am back to square 1.

My internal memory has 87mb left and I've deleted all apps I don't use.

I have tried deleting all messages in the phone by batch mode and it either freezes up or gives me force close to what looks like the mms program. I am trying to avoid a hard reset because we all know how much of a pain to reinstall everything is.

I am starting to get really fed up with the phone because for the money I paid, I expect much better. As much as I dislike Apple products, I can see why people rave about their products - they don't have these problems. (*sssshhh don't tell Apple fanboys I said that)

Any suggestions or direct me to the correct thread to answer my question. Thanks! :)

Advertisement
  2. V425

V425 Well-Known Member

MMS not downloading is a known issue with Android 1.5. Its supposed to be fixed with 2.1. A hard reset is a temporary fix, fixed the problem for about a month for me. I don't think hard resetting my phone all the time is worth it, so I just have people email me pics or go to the sprint picture mail website to view them. I also got a credit from Sprint for this problem and thats enough to satisfy me while I wait for the 2.1 upgrade :)

nolacrazygrl likes this.
  3. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

I had the same issue and since I've rooted and flashed a2.1 based rom, I have not missed a single mms. It should be fixed with 2.1 is correct. Just bide your time and get your account credited and it will be fixed soon.
    ;)

4. nolacrazygrl

nolacrazygrl Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for that info...I don't think I'll get a credit for MMS since I have an unlimited package.

They need to step it up with the 2.1 then. I won't be hard resetting my phone all the time if that's the case.

5. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

You can get a credit... Just try! Everyone who knows about the credit has gotten it that I know of....

6. zx12richard

zx12richard Well-Known Member

Hard reset has gone longer than a month for me so far.

7. egomaster

egomaster Active Member

I have been using Handcent since I got my Hero in Nov. 09. I just reciently started having the download problem as well. Its nice to know that im not the only one.

I am also having other issues with reciever speaker cracking, alot of dust under screen so much cant see notifcations in certain light and paint on end call button almost completly peeled. Going to a Sprint service center tomorrow.

8. V425

V425 Well-Known Member

I have the 450 Everything plan, I really don't think your plan matters, but when you call/chat they will try resetting your profile and lots of other things that just don't work, I humored them and then asked for the credit

Upgrading to 2.1 will reset our phones, so it depends how you look at it, you could do it now and have MMS working a little sooner since your phone will just be reset again when you upgrade, or wait it out and just go through the reset once... resetting is only a big deal to me because I have lots of customizations in Handcent that took a long time to set up and reassigning ringtones is a pain. But for the most part you don't really lose much, as long as your contacts are saved as "google" contacts. Pictures/music/ringtones are all saved to SD so you don't lose any of that. And when I did a hard reset all of my apps were still under "my downloads" in the market for me to reinstall.