MMS not sendingSupport

1. tkahike

tkahike Member

Won't send, a reboot will sometimes correct this, not always. The MMS just spins not knowing if the message ever went out.

Anyone else have this problem?

Advertisement
  2. tkahike

tkahike Member

I just took off handcent and reinstalled, see if that makes a difference.
  3. callmecolt

callmecolt Well-Known Member

I have the same issue myself. Very frustrating. Will hit Send MMS, and it just says Sending.... under it and never sends. I usually have to turn the phone off then on to get it to work correctly. Has anyone found any better fix for this?
  4. gpalee

gpalee New Member

I saw this was an old post. Havings issues all of the sudden send mms. Pics etc. Still using stock message for text that came with the device. Just started having an issue. Any ideas?
  5. BLACKTOOTHGRIN

BLACKTOOTHGRIN Well-Known Member

I had this problem before.
    It turned out to be that some settings were wrong.

If you are using Handcent or another messaging app:
    1. Make sure that the app is set to DISABLE all other mms apps.
    2. Make sure that Data is ENABLED in your mobile networks settings.
    (MMS uses a different way of sending and receiving than texts below
    160 characters does.
    3. You NEED to turn off Wi-Fi if it is on.
    Why? I don't know.
    It does interfere for some reason.

P.S.
    If you're using the stock mms app, #2 and #3 still applies.

Hope this helps. :)
  6. tikibeast

tikibeast New Member

Personally I'm using the stock messenger and I've had issues sending picture messages, as soon as I went with #3 above my messages were going out flawlessly. No clue the cause, possibly network overlap, but as soon as I shut off my wifi connection it was solved.
  7. mrmessma

mrmessma New Member

Also, make sure you have not accidentally blocked anything with DroidWall (rooted, or any firewall for that matter).

I had very foolishly disabled data for messaging (amongst other apps) through the firewall thinking that Handcent wouldn't require this process, well that was very shortsighted of me. I was pretty tired when I did it in my own defense, haha.
  8. eppie20

eppie20 Active Member

turn off the wi-fi
  9. verizonisjunk

verizonisjunk New Member

i have had 3 (three) pieces of casio junk commandos!! the entire industry is so absorbed with beating the other guy by putting more into the phone that they have completely over looked the simplest of uses,,,,the uses that must work every time flawlessly,,,,,the r3tard5 at casio have developed a phone you can throw through a door, punch, kick, slam all day but won't send a picture.....wtf
    1 the camera quality is poor at best
    2 there is not seperate draft area, meaning if its a draft it must be sent or deleted before you can send that reciepient another txt
    3 the virtual keboard corrective spelling makes one appear as illiterate. (constantly having to proof read and correct the txt)
    4 occasonally the text box is blank while texting (try it sometimes,crap)
    5 when my numbers were transfered via verizonsucks backup assistance. i recieved 972 numbers....all out of order...and most were past deleted numbers and about 50 that i need are gone-----forever..
    6 the auto rotate gets stuck
    7 it sends all my picks upside down unless i correct the orintation
    8 cannot change gallery order of pics
    9 pix always appear on face (cannot hide)
    10 cannot empty favorites dialed
    11 cannot empty call log of only certain call
    12 cannot block incomming #s temporarily

so other than that it's a great phone...i should get 2 ya think:mad: if your really serious about getting one "don't" here's my email daytonis1@hotmail.com i will fill you in with my experience bill
  10. jova33

jova33 Well-Known Member

i mean, yeah, i'd say most of those problems are true. i don't use the stock keyboard or backup assistant, so that'd solve two of your problems.

but it's a trade off for me. the phone messes up from time to time, but it's still good in my book.
  11. dodgef25

dodgef25 Well-Known Member

I had this problem too, what it was is that I deleted the stock messaging app when you must leave it installed or reinstall it, then it will send/receive MMS. Go to the stock messaging settings and uncheck the notification box.
  12. scottfarcuz

scottfarcuz Active Member

I always have to turn off wifi or I get this problem also. I have never tried a different messaging app or anything.