MMS not working with leaked update or OTA

Last Updated:

1. JxMurda

JxMurda Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry if this has been posted, but I haven't seen it..
    For some reason whenever I install the leaked ota whenever I try to send a picture to my gf she cant download it. She has a droid so not like its a bad phone, I can send a receive to myself and she can receive if I just have stock on my phone. I really want 2.2 but won't if she can't get pics. I've searched a bunch and can't seem to find anyone else with this problem. Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. mrjinglesusa

mrjinglesusa Well-Known Member

What messaging app are you using? There are reported problems with MMS in the STOCK messaging app in the leaked Froyo.

Handcent (and for most people, Chomp) send and receive MMS just fine on the leaked Froyo and updated radio.

JxMurda likes this.
  3. yankeeboy

yankeeboy Well-Known Member

That's strange. I sent an MMS last night to someone with a standard VZ phone and it worked fine. Here is a thought - check your photo size...I think if its over a MB it won't send. Also, check your receiver's settings for the same thing

4. JxMurda

k.. I'm trying handcent didn't think to try another messaging app, also the file size isn't a problem I took the pictures in the messaging app so they are small file size was 71 kb if I remember I checked what they were with the stock 2.1 and they were the same size. Once she wakes up I'll see if handcent works. Oh yeah another detail it tries to download on her phone but says failed and when she retrys still doesn't work don't know if that narrows it down.

5. JxMurda

Seems it was the messaging app tried handcent that worked so then I installed adrynalyne's fix zip for the market gmail etc.. and now its working fine and I get 2.2 :D thanks for your help