MMS object is saved in SMS window after MMS was sentSupport

Last Updated:

1. ralphtrent

ralphtrent Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

this happens all the time, when I send an MMS to someone and it goes through, I then go back into that conversation only to see the message is still in MMS mode. I need to remove the object in order send an SMS only. This is a noucense only since 2.2. Anthoer 2.2 gift I guess. I am using the stock messaging app. Does anyone else have this issue?

Advertisement
  2. SinfulDragon

SinfulDragon Well-Known Member

so you see the mms message in the conversation list, thats normal. you don't need to remove it in order to send an sms to the person next.
    its just keeping them all in the same location for ease of access.

3. ralphtrent

sorry I should have elaborated. I would expect it to be in the conversation thread, that is normal, but the object is appearing as if I was going to send it again at the bottom on the screen where you would type text. when I click Remove, I then get a toast say "converting message to text"

4. SinfulDragon

SinfulDragon Well-Known Member

Ah, I think I'm with ya, so after you send a picture, actually send it, not just attach it. like you send it to your wife, wife gets the message on her phone, you then go to send another message to her and its back to as if you've added a picture to a message, but haven't sent it yet?
    Thats beyond strange and I don't know how in the world you'd fix it.
    Are you using a 3rd party messaging app? If not may I suggest Handcent? Its been rock solid for me for some time now. I know it wouldn't be a fix to your issue, more of overlooking it if it works, but hey. At least you wouldn't have to deal with the stock app acting stupid anymore

5. ralphtrent

thats exaclty it. Its like you were over my shoulder when It happened since I was sending it to my wife. The problem with handcent is the UI looks horrible. Maybe I will give it a shot and look for some themes.

Thanks

6. ralphtrent

OK I just found out what happened. It never went through successfully but I did not get told that. I took the picture with the camera, and sent it through the "share\messaging" option via the gallery.