MMS on i7500 grrrSupport

Last Updated:

1. Amoun

Amoun New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys.
    New to the forums here and somewhat on a noob to phone unlocking.

I am having a problem with my galaxy i7500. More specifically the MMS.
    Whenever I get a notification that I have received an MMS, I click download and right away it tells me "Currently unable to download. Please try again later"
    Now, I have read that in order for me to USE MMS i need to set up the APN correctly....which I have tried. It seems to have worked for internet APN and when I set that up and clicked download, the download started but then i got a text message saying: "You have attempted to use a data application without a data plan. For options, click here fido.ca/m/smartphonedp/1/i"
    So I am guessing the phone is trying to use a data plan to download the picture....
    but when i try to set up the MMS APN, it simply does not seem to connect, and gives me the "currently unable to download, etc" message. So, again, I am guessing I just need to set up the APN correctly....however i have tried about 3-4 or so different settings neither of which works.....OR....do i HAVE to have a data plan in order to get MMS messages? That doesn't make sense to me but I may be wrong of course.

Advertisement
  2. Amoun

Amoun New Member This Topic's Starter

To anyone who cares:
    I used BOTH of these options and it works correctly now

APN1 [this one will have the radio button beside it]
    Name: fido internet
    APN: internet.fido.ca
    Username: fido
    Password: fido
    APN Type: default
    (all other fields blank)

APN2 [this one will not have any radio button beside it]
    Name: fido mms
    APN: mms.fido.ca
    MMSC: http://mms.fido.ca
    MMS Proxy: 205.151.011.013
    APN Type: mms
    (all other fields blank)

3. turkievicz

turkievicz Well-Known Member

Recently I was configuring my MMS and my problem as a little bit different, I wasn't getting send a SMS, and what I could see is that if I use the Handcent app the MMS can't be sent, i solved my problem using the app Message.