• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help MMS over 4G

illizit

Lurker
Dec 7, 2010
Hello Everyone,

I find it hard to believe no one has brought up this issue unless of course this is an isolated incident.

4G has just arrived in our area (miami, fl) and when I am connected to 4G I am unable to receive or send MMS messages. I receive a "General Network Failure" error as android continues to retry sending. If I disable the radio the messages go over 3G without any issues. I called Sprint and they had me go over the usual troubleshooting steps (factory reset, update profile, prl, etc.) to no avail. After they transferred me to "Advanced" technical support the tech simply said he didn't think MMS would work over 4g... You are kidding right? Do they honestly expect millions of users to turn off their 4G service to send MMS messages? Most users don't even know how to do this. I have two other friends with stock froyo (HTC EVO) with the same exact issue.
Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Thanks

Might be a problem in your location with 4G. I can send/receive MMS.

There's still an issue with Sprint and file size of MMS though. Though 4G can handle it, I think the restrictions and compressions in place for 3G apply to 4G as well. Might be because Sprint's not sure whether people will always have 4G turned on so it defaults to the requirements/limitation of the 3G.

Hope your issue get's fixed. Call Sprint and let them know. Silence gives them a free pass to do nothing and claim being unaware.

Reactions: illizit
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones