• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MMS picture quality hack for Android?

I'm wondering, MMS app seems to convert hire pics to somewhere around 100KB. Is there a way to send picture messaging with losing quality? Like if I send 2 MB pic, the recipient get 2 MB pic as well. Instead, No matter what size you send, they get a pixelated picture. Any ideas?

Chompsms has an option of sending pictures larger then 100kb. The problem is more on the network end though cause it will clog up there setup. Even if you send it uncompressed on the other persons end it could end up recompressed still, and also find it takes a long time to get to the receiving party. Depends on your network you will have to really test whats the best option. Because of this setup they have I once got a text message 3 days after it was sent. Things can sometimes get in a long queue in order to get compressed.

Upvote 0
Chompsms has an option of sending pictures larger then 100kb. The problem is more on the network end though cause it will clog up there setup. Even if you send it uncompressed on the other persons end it could end up recompressed still, and also find it takes a long time to get to the receiving party. Depends on your network you will have to really test whats the best option. Because of this setup they have I once got a text message 3 days after it was sent. Things can sometimes get in a long queue in order to get compressed.

Well, that's what I thought as well. But I had an iPhone 3G unlocked for TMobile before BH2 and picture sent is what picture you get. Meaning if I send a 2MP picture, they get a 2MP picture. I switched to Android because you can only get EDGE on an iPhone. I love 3G so I switched to BH2.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones