MMS Picture/Video sending to Email Contacts?

Last Updated:

1. usera

usera New Member This Topic's Starter

Can someone guide me to what is the best way to send picture/video to an email contact? I am currently using 1.6 tweaked v3 and the problem is if I can't send message using the message app(because can't find email contacts) but have to go through contacts (gmail)to send a picture. However when I do that, I can't attach a video.

Now if I use the camera/camcorder app, while reviewing pictures the "send to" doesn't work. If i click on "default destination" and delete the emply destination I can choose between 5 options. The phone book option say "sorry!" the application has stopped unexpectedly and to force close.

I can send video using the video player which is weird since doing it in the camcorder app won't work!. Seems alot of round about ways to do something which should be simple!

Also I tried to edit the resize 640x480 by changing the mms.apk but it force closes after changing to a large height/width size.

Sorry if this is long winded but kinda frustrated with the whole picture/video MMS sending.

Advertisement
  2. bearsfan85

bearsfan85 Well-Known Member Developer

Have you tried using handcent instead of stock than just typing the email address you want to send it to?

3. usera

usera New Member This Topic's Starter

I tried handcent and don't quite like it.
    The emails are from too long with alpha numeric letters which making remembering and typing difficult. Basically I'm using 3 steps to edit contact/to copy email, than paste into the messaging.

Are you just using handcent as it resolves the current issues with picture/video messaging?

4. bearsfan85

bearsfan85 Well-Known Member Developer

I use Handcent because of the better UI but if you are fine sending emails you can use astro file manager to send any file from your phone included videos as an attachment.

5. Laron225

Laron225 Active Member

I'm also having problems with pictures. Sometimes it takes awhile for them to get sent out and when I get them they say downloading it takes awhile is this normal? Also when I try to crop pictures the camera force closes, is there a way to fix this. Other than I don't think I have many problems I just installed this new one yesterday.