MMS Pictures distortedSupport

1. atoddvr6

atoddvr6 Member

Hello,

I have recently switched from the iphone 4. Did a lot of research before switching and so far I like the SGS3 and Android. Anyway, I have been searching for a while but I cannot find an answer to my question so I'm sorry if this has been covered else where.

When I send a picture to another phone (my wife who is using the iphone 4) it is physically squashed. It doesn't matter whether it was taken vertically or horizontally. I am using the default MMS/SMS app. Is there a setting somewhere that will stop that? I am really unhappy about it. Photography is a passion of mine and if a picture gets distorted for no reason that is NOT good. It's really unacceptable and it may just be enough to return the phone. I know that the photos are too big to send over the network and I do see a message that says the image is too big and that it is compressing. OK, so, WHY does it change the entire shape of the picture????? I have sent several photos and every one has been squashed in some short of way. I am fine with a smaller FILE SIZE. I shouldn't have to install a third party MMS app just to get pictures to send correctly. That's all I want. I don't need some bloated MMS app that does way too much. But if that's what it takes...

Can anyone please help me with this? I just want to be able to send pics simply and easily like the *cough* iPhone and NOT be distorted.:(

Advertisement
  2. atoddvr6

atoddvr6 Member

Just to clarify, I am open to using a better SMS/MMS app that is simple, functional, and sends/receives photos correctly. If that is the only way to keep pictures from being distorted then that's what I will do.

Of course, if there is a setting or something I can change please let me know. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!
  3. atoddvr6

atoddvr6 Member

Does anyone have any ideas? Tips, tricks, hacks, apps?
  4. Ramzes13

Ramzes13 Well-Known Member

i have the same issue with mms compression, to get around this i just attach the photo to an email and bob's your uncle. I figured since all of my contacts have a smart phone with email synched, this circumvents it all together.
  5. atoddvr6

atoddvr6 Member

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, not everyone in my contacts has their email coming to their phone (one being my wife). It's just really disappointing. However, I am going to go back to where I bought it and see what they think. There are several Android and/or S3 users there. Maybe it just needs to be swapped out.
  6. atoddvr6

atoddvr6 Member

Ok, so I went back to the store twice. The first day they told me to do a factory reset. That didn't help. The second day they did some testing. They took some pictures and sent them to their phones and they turned out just fine! So I assumed that it was fixed.

Well, I took another photo a few days later and tried to send it and it previewed distorted and sent that way. But then, just for the heck of it, I rotated the phone 180 degrees so that the camera was on my left and took another photo. When I tried sending it it previewed and sent perfectly!

So, it seems that the phone has to be turned so that the camera is on the left side of your body? I haven't heard of that anywhere. I was so used to the camera being on the right side that I didn't think about rotating it. Could it still be a problem with the phone?
  7. ItsChopBro

ItsChopBro Member

Bump for a resolution to this issue.
    It's really annoying that every picture I send gets distorted.
  8. atoddvr6

atoddvr6 Member

The issue has been resolved as far as I'm concerned. What worked for me was making sure that when I take a horizontal photo I always turn the phone 90 degrees counter clockwise. So the camera lens is on the left side of your body. I don't know if this applies to the front camera or not but I am talking about the main rear camera.
  9. ItsChopBro

ItsChopBro Member

Ok cool, thanks! As far as that goes, but now what about screen shots being distorted??:confused: