MMS pictures showing up as 10sec videosSupport

Last Updated:

1. itstemo1

itstemo1 New Member This Topic's Starter

When ever i get a mms picture (try with three different phone providers) i get a "Play Button". When i press the button it takes me into a small thumbnail of the picture in some sort of video player.

I already return the phone and the second one also did the same thing.

Advertisement
  2. PatrickHuey

PatrickHuey Active Member

mine does the same thing..not sure why.

3. Sungmurai7

Sungmurai7 Active Member

Mine is working fine. I'm using Handcent as my default SMS/MMS app. What I did was open Handcent, touch the + icon, choose Pictures from the menu then choose/take a picture and Send.

My gf's MT Slide did that once but we're not sure why. It's working fine now though. Try messing with the settings again.

4. nettieeee

nettieeee Member

yeah mine does that too! i hate the stupid little thumbnail and not only that, my picture turns upside down! i have to read the text first than flip my phone around to look at the picture. i originally have the mytouch 3g and when you get an mms, you can always click the play button of the picture and it fills the entire screen! i actually like the stock msg but is there any other msg program that doesn't use the bubble chat like handcent or chompsms?

5. Agent K

Agent K Member

I know for sure you can set Handcent to not use the bubble chat. Probably the same for ChompSMS.

6. szorg

szorg New Member

In handcent you can double-tap the image to open it without the "10 second slideshow" issue.

7. L0ri

L0ri New Member

I'm guessing this issues never going to get resolved huh? Its pretty annoying and with such a nice phone and nice big screen you wouldnt expect the MMS to be like that ugh it sucks that I have to use an app (Handcent) just to be able to view my pics large.

8. L0ri

L0ri New Member

I use handcent and when I recieve a pic I can open up a pic and it'll display large but it does suck having to use a "3rd party" type app to fix the problem

9. nettieeee

nettieeee Member

i actually really like handcent because you can customize it! i have a question... do you guys know how to make handcent the default to message because i would have 2 text message pop up, one that's stock and one that is handcent. i just want to stick it to handcent!

10. djsinco

djsinco Well-Known Member

All I did was download it, and open it, and it became the default text app...

11. nettieeee

nettieeee Member

yeah i download it but the notifications i have on the top left, i would click on it and it takes me to the stock messaging. i even put handcent as my default but it takes me to the stock which is freaking annoying!

12. dbgrigg189

dbgrigg189 Well-Known Member

You have to go into the stock app and turn off the auto retrieve and turn off notifications. I would also turn down how many messages and mms it saves to a minimum amount since it will still pull them up it just wont tell you. Turning it down just helps with space and speed.