mms problem, generic netowork error when recieving mmsSupport

Last Updated:

1. mattkilla420

mattkilla420 Active Member This Topic's Starter

please help i searched for this problem on here and really didnt find anything. had my evo for about a week and everytime theres an mms it either says unknown error or generic network error. i have enabled the auto retrieve from both handsent and messages and both do the same thing when i get a mms. sprint dropped all my calls today while i tried to talk to them, best buy is a joke and sprint store didnt know either. thanks all,

Advertisement
  2. rsa

rsa Well-Known Member

I can't be sure that this will help you but I had a problem of people not receiving MMS that I sent to THEM via my EVO. Spent a week trying to figure out the problem with many calls to Sprint. In the end, 2nd level Sprint tech support told me that it was a known problem that Sprint and HTC were working on and that the work around was to make sure that there were no non-numeric characters in the phone number that I used to send the MMS to. No "-", "(" or ")" characters in the phone number. When I did that I was able to send MMS to other phones.

Since your problem is of not being able to receive MMS messages you may want to have Sprint tech support "re-provision" you phone account. That may help you out also.

mattkilla420 likes this.
  3. mattkilla420

mattkilla420 Active Member This Topic's Starter

thanks, i dont think any of my phone numbers have any other characters other than numbers but will make sure, and ill also call sprint again. if any one else has suggestions please let me know.

4. Taljr

Taljr Member

I try to stream mms from my college sports webradio and have had no success. Talked to the webmaster as this is a low cost streaming method. Waiting for fix from OS or different streaming method from my radio webcast.