MMS problems with HTC Desire on Orange

1. BlackMajic

BlackMajic New Member

Hi All,

for some strange reasons I cannot send any MMS. After submitting an MMS, its status is shown as PENDING and remains in that status. None of my MMS were ever received.
    Any ideas? What are the MMS setting for Orange?

Your help is very much appreciated!
    Cheers,
    J.

Advertisement
  2. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Have you had MMS enabled on your account? Can you receive them?
  3. BlackMajic

BlackMajic New Member

Yes, I can receive MMS....
  4. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Check your MMS APN settings are correct. Orange has an internet and an MMS APN. A search will yield the settings, as someone posted them recently.
    BlackMajic likes this.
  5. BlackMajic

BlackMajic New Member

Do you happen to have a link to that post since I cannont find it.
  6. ac/dc

ac/dc Active Member

I had the same problem, on Telstra in Australia and they finally figured out that because I ported from Voda, it got stuffed up and I could only recieve MMS from telstra customers !
  7. turbohobbit

turbohobbit Well-Known Member

Hmmm, I'm having this problem too. Whenever anyone sends me an MMS - even my wife who is also on Orange - I have to download the picture from teh message dialogue screen. I hit the download button but it rarely if ever downloads first time. I may even have a data signal but nothing happens. Today, for example, my phone has been showing full signal on GRPS, 3G, and H, but nothing happens when I try to download. I have also tried sending her MMSs but this is sporadic too. Again, today, I tried sending her an MMS with full H signal, but so far it has refused to go. And yes, I do have MMS capability on my account.

I don't mean to be chopsy, but what's the point of a phone with technology like this if it can't deliver a simple 10kb picture into my inbox without repeated (manual) download attempts?

Any pointers gratefully received.
  8. kalfou

kalfou Active Member

I have that problem aswell, i actually forgot to get round to it, thanks for reminding me...Now...If only i knew what to do...
  9. turbohobbit

turbohobbit Well-Known Member

Hmmm... Earlier in the week I changed the settings in my phone to 'GSM auto (prl)' at the recommendation of someone on the "Data problems with HTC Desire on Orange" thread in an attempt to stop my phone from continually dropping signal as soon as the data carrier changed from GRPS to 3G or H, or vice versa. Anyway, the change seemed to solve my signal-dropping problem, but given the issues I have had with MMS I have changed it back to 'WCDMA Preferred'. Now, I don't know if this is co-incidence but within a couple of minutes of reconnecting to GRPS my MMS had been sent and my wife's MMS had turned up. Hmm....