MMS problems

Last Updated:

1. Jon Petter

Jon Petter New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi.

I'm trying to find out if my problems are caused by software (android 2.1 update 1) or my mobile network provider. Therefore I would like some feedback if there are someone that has the same experience or even better a solution.

So here it is:

I have 2 android phones available, one Desire running android 2.1 (update 1) and one Legend running android 2.1. Both has the same mms setup from my network provider. Sending mms with the Legend works fine, but when I trie the same with the Desire a get a warning message (every 20s) saying the mms could not be sent due to a generic network error. However the mms is actually delivered, but for each warning message I get on the Desire the receiver gets a cryptic extra message. I then need to delete the mms from the message thread to make the warning messages go away, and to stop the receiver from getting tons of spam. :confused:

Advertisement
  2. kaotix

kaotix Well-Known Member

Can you run logcat or ddms to view the log of the device while you send the MMS and leave it running until it says the message about the network error?

You can usually work out most things from logcat.
    Paste it here if you are still unsure.

Jon Petter likes this.
  3. Jon Petter

Jon Petter New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the advice. I found an app called aLogcat, but you where refering to the devtools right? Anyway, i started to use handcent sms instead, and now it suddenly works fine.

I also experimented with turning HSPA on and off, so that my also be the answer. However 3G or HSPA is not required for sending mms on the Legend as far as I'm aware, and now it seems to work fine without on the Desire as well.:confused: