mms problemsSupport

Last Updated:

1. vide infra

vide infra Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

anytime i try and send an MMS through handcent i get "generic message failure" in the status bar. If i try to send through the native app i get nothing. just acts like it sent. i can receive mms from people on ATT/Verizon just can't send. I did a factory reset just to see if any apps were interfering with it and still have the same problem.

Advertisement
  2. vide infra

nothing?

3. DawnGP143

DawnGP143 Well-Known Member

I've been getting it too.....but the message is sending...so I don't know what to make of it.

4. Jeffruby

Jeffruby Well-Known Member

Same here, annoying

5. vide infra

mine arent even sending though. weird. i can receive fine but sending is the only issue

6. vide infra

ok this is WEIRD but i figured something out...the only thing it WONT send is a picture taken by the incredible. i sent a couple pictures i transferred from my old phone as well as a video i took with the incredible and they all sent fine. this is ****ing confusing as hell

7. scottie24

scottie24 Active Member

Do you guys have the quick settings app installed? Both my wife and I had this installed and experienced the same issues to varying degrees. I would get similiar erros whether sending or receivng MMS and she only when receiving.
    The difference seemed to be that I actually tried turning the mobile network off via the app and she had not. I tried troubleshooting and repairing apn through various methods I found in this and other forums but none worked permenantly.
    We ended up getting replacements for both phones from VZW after hours of going thru there various levels of customer and tech support. There is a warning on the app description but reading is fundamental :). Both new phones now work perfectly.
    I hope this helps.

8. vide infra

yeah i think it must be a quicksettings thing. ugh. i've factory reset 3 times now and it still work work. the weird thing is that it WILL send pictures....just not ones taken with the Incredible's camera. It will send videos though. So strange...

9. scottie24

scottie24 Active Member

I uninstalled quick settings and tried the factory reset on both phones several times but ultimately needed to get them replaced but this happened with all pics, not just those taken with the Inc. Also happened with incoming messages from mulitple carriers.
    Hopefully your issue isn't as bad as mine but the developer is aware, was answering me until I captured a file and e-mailed it to him as per his instructions. I sent it to him and never heard from him again.

10. patkicks10

patkicks10 Well-Known Member

I also get Generic Network error or something...
    but it always sends two seconds later...

it's annoying

11. vide infra

on the phone with verizon now. hopefully this gets sorted out.

12. vide infra

was on hold for 10 min and dude just gave me the number to HTC tech support [​IMG]

13. scottie24

scottie24 Active Member

Use or used quick settings?

14. crashdogy

crashdogy Well-Known Member

I can't send mms videos no matter what the setting are said It's
    to big ?

15. scottie24

scottie24 Active Member

They tried that with me too but I reminded them that I pay them for service not HTC. They called HTC while I was on hold and came back with, "try a factory reset". Don't bother, call VZW right back.

16. dazeek

dazeek Member

My phone does this as well, says it failed but it then goes through. Is this a phone problem or an app issue? I do not have quick settings installed or at least I do not see it anywhere although i may not have seen it if it wasnt listed under the manage apps option

17. vide infra

well after talking to Verizon AND HTC (htc was EXTREMELY helpful and nice) i'm getting a new phone shipped out to me because they think i am having a hardware problem.

18. scottie24

scottie24 Active Member

Awesome!!! Doubtful as this only became an issue for me after installing quick settings, mms worked fine prior but whatever it takes. :)
    Hoped I was helpful