MMS receivingSupport

1. Today my friend tried to send me a video file from her iphone to my SGSII. it is tiny in size, literally kb's. and it's being stating 'downloading' now for three hours.

any idea what the hold up may be?

Advertisement
  2. n7plus1

n7plus1 Well-Known Member

its coming from an iphone.
  3. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Well-Known Member

Is it only from that one phone or every phone? Check the APN/MMS settings on your phone? Your service provider can help with that.

I don't receive many MMS but I think I receive from iPhones before. I know whatsapp works so maybe you both could install that app and use that.

Cheers
  4. Thanks fort your reply. Looking at the APN screen... I see O2 mobile web and O2 mms. O2 mobile web is selected and has settings inside it. O2 mms isnt selected but appears also to have settings in. but i cannot change it from O2 mobile web.

I'm not sure if this means anything or something?
  5. naith_kk

naith_kk Well-Known Member

Is "Use packet data" turned on in your network settings? You need it on if you are to get MMS data.
  6. It wasn't, infact it defaults to off each time i switch my phone off and on ???

Anyway its on now, and I also checked the O2 website for the mms settings which were different to the ones in my phone.

Since then I have successfully received a pic and sent a pic. I havent checked video being sent yet.

Thanks
  7. naith_kk

naith_kk Well-Known Member

The settings are toggle specific, if you turn it on, it remains on; phone off or not - until you turn it off. Some battery management apps can turn it off automatically to save battery. If you don't have any and if your android is an upgrade to ICS without a factory reset, then it may be a glitch with old firmware settings.