• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

mms setting

sonisoe

Jun 11, 2009
the gprs is working fine, but mms isn't. i've searched and tried different ways ie. leave the proxy blank, leave the port blank, filled in proxy and port, etc etc but still wont work. usually, in other phones mms and gprs are set separately as they have different apn, user name, and passwords despite they may have the same proxy & port, but in android these settings seem to be set up under one APN. if you set a new APN as you can see the top half seems to be for gprs setting, and the bottom half for mms without the user name, and password for mms access. i've also tried to create a different apn for mms, filling in the top half with mms access info instead of gprs and left the bottom half blank. but still wouldnt work. anyway, android being a smart OS should auto-configure these settings. my previous winmo and java based phones (LG Renoir) auto-configured. i know the apn, proxy, port, server address is correct as the settings for both mms and gprs work on my other phone. i'm frustrated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones