MMS/SMS stopped working after out of space error?!?

Last Updated:

1. bryanheath

bryanheath Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I recieved an error two days ago saying "out of disk space". After restoring my phone to factory the ability to recieve MMS/SMS went kaput!
    Suprisingly I can send but not recieve messages. I was on the phone with Sprint for hours with to technicians. One of the techs implied that some of the early batch of phones from Best Buy have this issue. This is just one of the techs viewpoint. I am going to swap the phone today and see if it resolves the issue.

I switched to Sprint specifically for TXT so this could be a deal breaker. More to follow.

Advertisement
  2. orchid_grass

orchid_grass New Member

I haven't been able to receive most incoming MMS. After I reformat my phone, things will seem to be working fine, but that only lasts a few hours. I talk with customer service for hours, and they refresh my account, sometimes that works, but again only for a few hours. There are times where I can receive MMS but only from users who are not on the Sprint or altel network. One friend who has Sprint (Not an Android phone) can send to other people with Sprint and other cariers just fine. I have no other programs or wigets installed and I dont use wifi. Why can't I receive MMS?

3. elguapo76

elguapo76 Well-Known Member

You either filled your ROM/Storage Memory with too many apps or have fell victim to the ROM leak. One confirmed way this happens is with bluetooth failing to connect and getting stuck on "connecting" status. Once you turn bluetooth your ROM leaks by 5-15mb. Once your memory gets too low you stop receiving sms/voicemail possible even after hard reset. See the link below for a similar thread. Also please email HTC documenting this issue to make them aware it is not isolated.

http://androidforums.com/sprint-htc...cumented-video-may-cause-fatal-sms-issue.html

http://androidforums.com/sprint-htc-hero/12303-low-space.html

4. orchid_grass

orchid_grass New Member

Why do you suppose I can receive MMS from from certain people while not from others? Most times Ill be alerted that I have a message, but when I open it nothing is there? At most Ill see a grey box where the file is suppused to appear, and in a moment it will disappear.

5. elguapo76

elguapo76 Well-Known Member

You don't have the fatal sms issue (brought on by low storage memory) but the intermittent sms issue, there are at least three separate sms issues that I know of :(

I don't know why that is happening I have not experienced it that I know of at least. What network are the people on? I know Tmobile has some issues communicating with other carrier's sms network. Have you tried a hard reset? That may fix your issue.

6. orchid_grass

orchid_grass New Member

So far I've done two hard resets. It works for a couple of hours, but then I'm back not receiving MMS all over again. Sometimes I can retrieve MMS from other carriers, but not from Sprint or altel. I can send just fine though.

7. pdragon

pdragon Well-Known Member

Try changing your phone's Mobile Network Type to 1x-Only and see if more SMS/MMS messages start coming through. Some have found it may be an issue with the Hybrid mode on some phones.

Settings -> Wireless controls -> Mobile network settings -> Mode of operation

This will severely limit your mobile network speeds, but it may help with missing messages.