MMS takes FOREVERSupport

1. bamhm182

bamhm182 Well-Known Member

Has anyone else noticed that MMS takes FOREVER to send on their phone? It seemed to work well when I first got the phone, but now it doesn't work (nearly) at all. I'll try and send an MMS, then check on it like 30 minutes later and it still hasn't sent.

One thing that I have noticed that helps is to disable Wifi. At the time of this posting, I remembered that I have 3G disabled when I have Wifi on. Does the MMS only work over 3G/4G? Maybe I'll figure out how to make an exception to turning the 3G off when I'm trying to send an MMS, or just do it manually, and see if that helps.

Advertisement
  2. Sedan_Clan

Sedan_Clan Well-Known Member

I just tested my MMS, and it sent noticeably faster than my previous Epic 4g (..which used to take forever to send an MMS message). My MMS was sent over the 3g network.
  3. bamhm182

bamhm182 Well-Known Member

Is there any chance I could get you to try and send an mms over wifi? I compared 3g and wifi. It send it fine over 3g, but haha infinitely over wifi.
  4. Sedan_Clan

I'll try it from a WIFI access point today and let you know.
  5. viber

viber Well-Known Member

I use Google talk and Google voice. Both work great for sending messages to people.
  6. GhostRed

GhostRed Well-Known Member

MMS is possible over WiFi but because it's not sent over a cell network, it's going to take longer to get to the receiving end.

It's only as slow as your internet connection, but remember that the receiving end, unless they happen to be on wifi too, is receiving it via their cell network.

3G/4G is the way to go for MMS.

If you want to send it via WiFi, you're better off sending email.
  7. V425

V425 Well-Known Member

I don't think MMS will send while using mobile hotspot
  8. Sedan_Clan

I tested MMS over a WIFI network and it worked just fine.
  9. heatbball

heatbball Member

did u fix the issue?? i am having the same problem.....
  10. GhostRed

GhostRed Well-Known Member

Didn't say it didn't work. Just slow.

It's entirely dependent on the data transfer from whatever ISP you're using w/WiFi and how they perform the interconnect to the cell network.

This is different depending on if your ISP is cable, DSL, FIOS, etc.

So yeah, it works, it just doesn't work all that well in all situations, and usually not quite as smooth as simply using 3G/4G.
  11. imperialdibz

imperialdibz New Member

I don't know if this will help, but my mms wouldn't send and would just sit at sending no matter what I did. I was using google voice and trying to use the stock messaging app for mms. Once I disabled google voice integration my mms started to send and receive without any problems.
  12. iBowToAndroid

iBowToAndroid Well-Known Member

MMS does NOT send over WiFi, for any carrier. When you send the MMS, if you are connected to WiFi, your phone will briefly connect to the carrier's network to send it. If you look at the status bar, the 3G icon will appear next to the WiFi symbol while the picture uploads, and then it will disappear once it's done.