• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MMS to iPhone, Metro, and some others

I also have this problem on my droid. Im thinking the ATT- Verizon connection is broken because if i send a text thats multiple pages long to my buddy that has his iphone 4 (eww) he gets them all jumbled and same if he does it to me. MMS will just keep saying sending sending and doesnt send. This just started recently. Ive tried flashing alternative MMS.apks and it didnt work so ive pretty much ruled it out to the connection. Im thinking about calling verizon...

Upvote 0
I also have this problem on my droid. Im thinking the ATT- Verizon connection is broken because if i send a text thats multiple pages long to my buddy that has his iphone 4 (eww) he gets them all jumbled and same if he does it to me. MMS will just keep saying sending sending and doesnt send. This just started recently. Ive tried flashing alternative MMS.apks and it didnt work so ive pretty much ruled it out to the connection. Im thinking about calling verizon...
Try emailing yourselves a picture or something. For Verizon, its yournumber@vzwpix.com. For AT&T, its yournumber@mms.att.com.

Upvote 0
I've posted about this problem before and at least glad to know I wasn't crazy in that it IS a consistent and real problem.

I thought it was entirely ridiculous that emailing was the only viable option for any person with an iphone, and refused to accept it.

However, my phone began restarting randomly like 3 times a day and Verizon sent me a replacement. One of the first things I tried was sending a pix msg to my iphone friends, and it worked and no one ever got back to me from Verizon about ALL my original malfunctions and genereal Eris weirdness... which sucks.

It has to be a glitch in the specific phones, and not the network since it doesn't seem widespread. Something I believe Frisco said in another thread about quality control of the Eris at certain factories rings more and more true (haha, pun).

Good luck, though, hopefully you can come to a resolution or decision.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones