• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MMS Trouble with my Moto G LTE

stackman1

Mar 1, 2012
My Moto G died after three weeks and I just got a refurb in the email. I have ST w/LTE via ATT. The problem that I am running into is I can't send or receive MMS pics. I don't know if it is me, ST or the phone! I have checked my ST APN settings and I believe they are correct. I am getting LTE. I run SMS fine. If I want to send a pic - I go to Gallery and click on MSG icon and get the attached screen. Never seen that screen before - is that what everyone sees now?

Got the refurb on Thursday - noticed the problem. At that point I was running 4.4.3 and so I figured what the heck and upgraded to 4.4.4 - same deal.

Phone or Straight (or Me)?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Peter

See Pic

Attachments

• MMS.jpg
    MMS.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 100
Upvote 0
Ive been talking with Straight Talk support I have a ticket with the corporate office. They said its on there side and they have to make changes to the individual line to get the more advanced devices to work with mms. Call the support line tell them about the issue go thru all the jumbo they want you to. If you get a tech that says its your device hang up call again and repeat all the steps they want you to and hopefully you will get a tech that is helpful. I have only got one tech that was a idiot. Do be polite and follow all the stupid steps even if they make you do it 50 times.

Upvote 0
With the new prices and increased data allowance, your solution is to move to cricket. You get at&t lte network without the america movil lack of customer service .

Yes I have been patient with ST changing APN's, waiting 24 hrs etc. They keep telling me that my local ATT Towers in NY (Long Island) were out - that was 4 days ago. They are still suggesting that is the issue. However I explained I could not use MMS ever with my Moto G (LTE) - even in Florida and the Carolina's. Unfortunately they stick to a script.

They are making a mistake because the Moto G will be a big seller due to price. They won't get that business. I know of no one with a Moto G that can do MMS with ST!

Brain - are you using a Moto G? I tried your numbers but Option 1 nor Option 2 - brought up screens. The keypad wiped out my keyed #'s.....

So maybe I will try Cricket or just do without MMS and hope they finally resolve the issue. Cricket uses ATT as well?

JetFan - how long have you used Cricket?

Thanks for feedback everyone!
Peter

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones