MMS using Telia (swedish provider).Support

Last Updated:

1. okänd

okänd Member This Topic's Starter

Hello!

I have some issues with getting MMS to work on my G1. It just refuses to work. I enter all the settings on Telias website but it still doesn't download any messages. I did tell me I had received messages but every attempt at downloading them failed.

The settings I entered were this:

APN: mms.telia.se
    Username: mms
    Password: telia
    MMSC: http://mmss/
    Proxy: 193.209.134.132
    Port: 9201

Should this be in a separate APN from the data connection (which works just fine but I disabled because it keeps eating away my prepaid even though I've disabled the google sync) or should I enter all of this stuff in the same APN as for data (tried both)? I'm thinking that the usename/password is the reason for it not working because there's no MMS username and MMS password boxes. There is also no MMS APN box.

Do I assume correctly and will have to wait until Telia do something about it or is there a way to get MMS working with Telia?

Also, I tried to google the problem but since telia is the provider that has the iPhone here I just got all the news about how they're going to bring MMS to the iPhone instead of anything helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. okänd

No, that message refused to go anywhere.
    This symbol stayed to the right of the message for a few minutes and then it said, Unable to send message.
    [​IMG]

I asked a friend to send me a message again too. It showed up like this:
    [​IMG]
    Behind that error there's a button called "Download" and by pressing it that error popped up. A few minutes later when I tried again it somehow got a hold of the topic of the message so it said "Message (no topic) from <name> Failed to download". At least that's something. Edit: That only happened when the webbrowsing APN was entered so I'd guess it used that APN to find that info.

3. okänd

It said that the download was unsuccessful. However it behaved like when I had the data APN there last time (but I didn't have it there) so I think that maybe android doesn't support usernames/passwords for MMS APNs and that is causing the download to fail.

4. soulution

soulution New Member

Yesterday I installed the Holiday Update on my ADP1 (should be roughly the same as RC33 for G1). After applying this update, I managed to get MMS working with Telia by using the following settings:

Name: Telia MMS
    APN: mms.telia.se
    Proxy: <Not set>
    Port: <Not set>
    Username: mms
    Password: telia
    Server: <Not set>
    MMSC: http://mmss/
    MMS proxy: 193.209.134.132
    MMS port: 8080
    MCC: 240
    MNC: 01
    APN type: mms

Note that you need a separate APN for data.

I found the update here:http://andblogs.net/2009/02/new-adp1-update-official-with-google-voice-and-more/

5. okänd

Had some issues with he updating. The first of the two images didn't work and I haven't done anything to the phone so I though it would have worked. Turns out you need to receive a bootloader update over the air first or something.

In the process of downloading the other update (from a painfully slow server) I ended up wiping my phone twice trying to use the first update but I have everything backed up in the cloud so it doesn't matter.

MMS worked after I had installed the update so this issue has now been solved.