Support MMS using Telia (swedish provider).

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by okänd, Jan 2, 2009.

  1. okänd

    okänd Member
    5

    Jan 1, 2009
    7
    0
    5
    Hello!

    I have some issues with getting MMS to work on my G1. It just refuses to work. I enter all the settings on Telias website but it still doesn't download any messages. I did tell me I had received messages but every attempt at downloading them failed.

    The settings I entered were this:

    APN: mms.telia.se
    Username: mms
    Password: telia
    MMSC: http://mmss/
    Proxy: 193.209.134.132
    Port: 9201

    Should this be in a separate APN from the data connection (which works just fine but I disabled because it keeps eating away my prepaid even though I've disabled the google sync) or should I enter all of this stuff in the same APN as for data (tried both)? I'm thinking that the usename/password is the reason for it not working because there's no MMS username and MMS password boxes. There is also no MMS APN box.

    Do I assume correctly and will have to wait until Telia do something about it or is there a way to get MMS working with Telia?

    Also, I tried to google the problem but since telia is the provider that has the iPhone here I just got all the news about how they're going to bring MMS to the iPhone instead of anything helpful.

    Thanks in advance.
     

    Advertisement

  2. okänd

    okänd Member
    5

    Jan 1, 2009
    7
    0
    5
    No, that message refused to go anywhere.
    This symbol stayed to the right of the message for a few minutes and then it said, Unable to send message.
    [​IMG]

    I asked a friend to send me a message again too. It showed up like this:
    [​IMG]
    Behind that error there's a button called "Download" and by pressing it that error popped up. A few minutes later when I tried again it somehow got a hold of the topic of the message so it said "Message (no topic) from <name> Failed to download". At least that's something. Edit: That only happened when the webbrowsing APN was entered so I'd guess it used that APN to find that info.
     
  3. okänd

    okänd Member
    5

    Jan 1, 2009
    7
    0
    5
    It said that the download was unsuccessful. However it behaved like when I had the data APN there last time (but I didn't have it there) so I think that maybe android doesn't support usernames/passwords for MMS APNs and that is causing the download to fail.
     
  4. soulution

    soulution New Member
    5

    Feb 11, 2009
    2
    0
    5
    Yesterday I installed the Holiday Update on my ADP1 (should be roughly the same as RC33 for G1). After applying this update, I managed to get MMS working with Telia by using the following settings:

    Name: Telia MMS
    APN: mms.telia.se
    Proxy: <Not set>
    Port: <Not set>
    Username: mms
    Password: telia
    Server: <Not set>
    MMSC: http://mmss/
    MMS proxy: 193.209.134.132
    MMS port: 8080
    MCC: 240
    MNC: 01
    APN type: mms

    Note that you need a separate APN for data.

    I found the update here:http://andblogs.net/2009/02/new-adp1-update-official-with-google-voice-and-more/
     
  5. okänd

    okänd Member
    5

    Jan 1, 2009
    7
    0
    5
    Had some issues with he updating. The first of the two images didn't work and I haven't done anything to the phone so I though it would have worked. Turns out you need to receive a bootloader update over the air first or something.

    In the process of downloading the other update (from a painfully slow server) I ended up wiping my phone twice trying to use the first update but I have everything backed up in the cloud so it doesn't matter.


    MMS worked after I had installed the update so this issue has now been solved.
     
Tags:

Share This Page

Loading...