MMS Video Settings?Support

Last Updated:

1. bgrutter

bgrutter Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry if this has been asked, but I don't remember seeing such a thread over the past few weeks. So...

Basically, what do people recommend for settings for MMS messages? Every time a shoot a video, it says it's too large. I've even tried shooting <8second videos.

I know that Froyo is supposed to have a tool to optimize videos for YouTube and mms, but we all know that's months away for us DI owners.

If you don't have basic settings options, is there an app for it?

Advertisement
  2. dgold82

dgold82 Well-Known Member

The only way I know how to do it is to start a (text/mms) message and then hit attach. An option comes up to attach a video file and then you can either choose a file or from the camcorder. If you choose camcorder the settings are automatically adjusted for MMS and the camcorder app starts. Seems simple after you figure it out but it took me about an hour of searching the first time.

3. bgrutter

bgrutter Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Wow, thanks a ton. "Attaching" hadn't even occurred to me. That works quite well. And apparently I can record up to 1 minute, which is more than enough.

I appreciate it.

4. 1967ls2

1967ls2 Well-Known Member

Well that sucks! So the only way to send an MMS message is to first start an SMS then record it? What if I don't know I want to send it as an MMS until after I record the message. That's weak sauce...

5. 1967ls2

1967ls2 Well-Known Member

Figured it out. You have to lower the resolution on the video setting to 352 x 288 and you will be able to send an MMS once it is saved.

6. dgold82

This didn't work for me. I set it to 352 x 288 and the compression to MPEG4. I took a 15 second video and it wouldn't attach to a MMS. This actually wouldn't bother me per my message above (when using the native messaging app) except that I just switched to Handcent and there is no option to attach from the camcorder.

How does everyone out there attach a video for a MMS via handcent?

7. wkd1

wkd1 Well-Known Member

You can record video then press the 'share' option. Then choose Handcent from the list (options like email, YouTube, etc). I still haven't been able to send more than around 14 second videos though, on the lowest setting.

8. dgold82

What settings are you using? Also, if you attach using the native message app you can attach a video via the camcorder which adjusts the settings automatically to give you up to a minute.