MMS won't work with Google HangoutsSupport

1. sl00w

sl00w Member

For some reason I can't send or receive MMS through Google Hangouts. It constantly fails, whether on Wifi or data. Over the past week, two out of ~10 pictures I tried to send/receive fail.

I have unlimited everything so MMS is not a problem.

Advertisement
  2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Have you tried a different app to handle your SMS/MMS?

That will confirm for you whether or not it is indeed the hangouts app. I'd suggest giving 8SMS a try.
  3. CrystalSC

CrystalSC Well-Known Member

I'm annoyed that I cannot *attach* a video in a SMS Hangout (making it a mms i guess). I have to *take* the video within the Hangout SMS.
  4. AFKKU

AFKKU New Member

Forget hangouts. Disable it. I installed MMS.apk and it does everything hangouts should do with texts but without the pain.
  5. germ.sws

germ.sws Active Member

i am having the same issue as the OP.

in the 2 weeks i have had the phone, i have only be able to receive 2 MMS messages from my wife out of 15+ attempts.

thought it might be her crappy LG G2X, but it wasnt. i tried to send myself a MMS and it wouldnt send.

i have tried changing some of the APN settings, and NOTHING has worked.

I have tried other MMS/SMS apps and none of them are able to send or receive a MMS

i am on Tmobile $30 plan and have NEVER had an issue sending or receiving MMS's on ANY phone i have had and i am a phone whore, no really, i have a new/different phone every month (i like my precious') while i have been waiting for the N5 to come out.
  6. sl00w

sl00w Member

I just tried with GoSMS and no luck. Works with 8SMS.
  7. sl00w

sl00w Member

Okay so I've been using 8SMS and if I try to send a text with an emoji it fails a lot of the times.